Can't Delete Contact Out of Contact Group

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
hurstel
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by hurstel »

Our users are having an issue deleting contacts from contact groups that they have created. This started happening since we upgraded to 5.0.6. Basically when a users clicks to remove a single user (internal or external), Firefox spits this out "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.
Script:
It">https://fakeservernamehere/zimbra/js/St ... 11059:3205"
It fails in IE but IE just sits there and locks up and doesn't display any messages. I've tried doing this late at night when there is no load on the machine but a contact still won't delete. I have also removed some non standard zimlets and restarted Zimbra but that didn't help either.
Any ideas?
hchan

Post by hchan »

Ditto here. I was on my way to open a support ticket on this. A serious problem.
John Munro

Post by John Munro »

Place your vote here:

Bug 28593 - Unable to delete Contact Group Member
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

I've confirmed your bug, seems a bit of trouble code from the contact group interface change of Bug 25906 - Cannot edit a Contact Group
Old Interface:

http://i25.tinypic.com/x2mgww.jpg />

New Interface:

http://i25.tinypic.com/xnrj1f.jpg />

//depot/zcs/FRANKLIN/ZimbraWebClient/WebRoot/js/zimbraMail/abook/view/ZmGroupView.js 2008/05/27:

// add delete button

var delListener = new AjxListener(this, this._delListener);

this._delButton = new DwtButton({parent:this, parentElement:(this._htmlElId + "_delButton")});

this._delButton.setText(ZmMsg.del);

this._delButton.addSelectionListener(delListener);

this._delButton.setEnabled(false);
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by mmorse »

This has been fixed for 5.0.7
omegainstitute
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by omegainstitute »

If you switch from Advanced Mode to Standard Mode, you can edit the Contact Group list accordingly. I'm instructing my users to switch modes for now until 5.0.7 is released.
arcticmonica

Re: Can't Delete Contact Out of Contact Group

Post by arcticmonica »

I am still having this problem, so obviously it wasn't fixed. Please help.
millerji625

Re: Can't Delete Contact Out of Contact Group

Post by millerji625 »

I agree. This is really painful. I can't add or remove a contact from a group. I hit the red x next to the name & try to save it and get an error message. Same thing in standard and advanced. I thought I got the hang of this at some point, but I can't make it work. I thought if I hit "close" instead of "save" it might work, but it just asks me if I want to save & then I get the error message. Please help.