Voice Server?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
dagar
Advanced member
Advanced member

Voice Server?

Post by dagar »

I see in the requirements for 5.0.7 some mention of a voice server. Can someone elaborate on what is up and what is planned?

Derek
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Voice Server?

Post by uxbod »

Which document do you see this in ? Please provide a link.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Voice Server?

Post by Klug »

I think dagar refers to Bug 28571 – Handle TNs that don't have voicemail enabled, Bug 28382 – Disable the DEL key in Voicemail Trash folder and Bug 28781 – No error message when user enters alphabets for Call forwarding.
These are related to Velodrome/Comcast.
dagar
Advanced member
Advanced member

Voice Server?

Post by dagar »

Yes, those are what I was referring to.

It would be nice to have more integration with Zimbra and different voicemail servers. We have switchvox and it can email with the voicemail as an attached wav file. But, I don't want to spread development out too thin as there are some things like Zimbra desktop that could really help Zimbra become more solid before branching out too much in different directions.
jholder
Ambassador
Ambassador

Voice Server?

Post by jholder »

Zimbra has several very large customers with specific requirements specific to them.
These are bugs for them. There are no plans to integrate Voice server into ZCS. Sorry :( Bummer, I know. File an enhancement ;)
15624Franck

Voice Server?

Post by 15624Franck »

What happened to the Zimbra/Asterisk partnership?
dagar
Advanced member
Advanced member

Voice Server?

Post by dagar »

Yes, I was hoping for better Asterisk/Zimbra integration as well. We went with a Switchvox solution, which is now owned by Digium. The saleswoman I spoke with there at Switchvox said that they use Zimbra internally. I think it can be done. Just take some time to do it :)
uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Voice Server?

Post by uxbod »

What sort of features would people like to see in ZCS with respect to Asterisk ? I run Asterisk as well so would be willing to help out where I could.