[SOLVED] Portconflict, when using openfire additionally to zimbra on one machine?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
rototom

[SOLVED] Portconflict, when using openfire additionally to zimbra on one machine?

Post by rototom »

Hello zimbras ;-)

together with the zimbra opensource edition, I installed an openfire to my server.

Zimbras IM Feature is not wanted for me, I would like to compületely remove it, because it seems, it leads to port conflicts with my openfire installation. (I cant register an account with a client on my openfire)

I deactivated IM in the cos, but perhaps, the server runs further?

Thanks,

Thomas
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

The recommendation is to only run Zimbra on the server, you'll get problems with port conflicts etc. No, it's not possible to remove the IM from Zimbra.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
rototom

Post by rototom »

Isn't it possibleto change the zimbras instant messaging port?

Thanks
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

I could be wrong but can't you turn off XMPP on Zimbra (so its not using the port)?
zmprov ms zimbra-server.dom ZimbraXMPPEnabled FALSE
Should be easy enough to test that, then restart zimbra, then openfire and see whether connections to the server can still be made.
rototom

Post by rototom »

yeah, that was it. Thanks a lot!