set default for Hide in GAL and meeting requests

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
CazaHenha

Post by CazaHenha »

Hi,

I have just set up the Open Source version for a proof of concept and set up a number of domains. However for one domain for security we would like the default for all new accounts for "hide in GAL" to be checked and also the Free/Busy and Invites to be restricted by default. The reason being is that this is accessible to our partners and we still would like them to have access to calendars etc, but we don't want them bothering each other with meeting requests and seeing free/busy information unless a more formal relationship is in place (i.e. more that just finding them in the GAL), but we still want the GAL for main addresses such as sales, enquiries etc. AS a newbie I cannot seem to find this option through the web iterface and although already familar with zmprov I do not know what attributes to set and if it actually can be done?
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

I don't think there is any way to have this set by default when creating accounts in the WebUI, but you can do this if you're creating accounts with zmprov:
zmprov ma user@your-domain.dom ZimbraHideInGAL TRUE
(the TRUE is case sensitive)
CazaHenha

Post by CazaHenha »

Thanks, it worked