Is the top search bar only used for the GAL?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sempiterna

Post by sempiterna »

The top search bar says "People search", but from the error message i see in the logs, it is only used for a Global Address List (which i have disabled for this domain because i dont want my clients to see eachother):
[quote]

2011-10-06 18:36:51,997 INFO [btpool0-95://mail.removed.tld/service/soap/SearchGalRequest] [name=name@removed.tld;mid=15;ip=84.27.217.65;ua=ZimbraWebClient - FF3.0 (Win)/7.1.3_GA_3346;] SoapEngine - handler exception

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: permission denied: GAL feature (zimbraFeatureGalEnabled) is not enabled

ExceptionId:btpool0-95://mail.removed.tld/service/soap/SearchGalRequest:1317919011997:5f04205fe97fe861

Code:service.PERM_DENIED

[/quote]
If the GAL is disabled, why is there still a search bar in the webclient? Or should this search bar also be able to search addresses in my local address list?
Also an unrelated question, searching mail with partial keywords doesnt work. If for example i want to search for the word 'local' i would expect that 'locally' is also returned. Or am i searching the wrong way?
Krishopper
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Krishopper »

It is a CoS feature that you can disable.
Class of Service -> Features -> Search for People -- uncheck it
-or-
zmprov mc default zimbraFeaturePeopleSearchEnabled FALSE
(or change default to any Class of Service name)
To search for a partial keyword, you will need to do a wildcard search, like: local*
sempiterna

Post by sempiterna »

Ah yes, thanks :)
To the Zimbra/Vmware team, thanks for providing this awesome application. For free even :) I wish i installed this years ago.
selliott
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by selliott »

Hi,

I just upgraded our test server. zcs-NETWORK-7.1.3_GA_3346.RHEL5_64 and I can not get the People Search module to pull contact information from my personal Address Book. I get "No Results Found" when I search for someone in my personal address book. It does work for the GAL however. Is there something I need to enable to get it to also search in my personal address book.