"BANNED content from you..." after 8.5_P2 Upgrade

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
r3zon8

Post by r3zon8 »

We dont use ZCS antispam/antivirus services as we have edge virus/spam filters so we keep those services off/disabled.
After this weekends upgrade to 8.5+Patch2 some users reported getting bouncebacks with subject "Banned content from you.." when they tried to attach an XLS file to an email and send it to another user.
i checked the admin config and all looks the same as before so i must be missing something. any else run into this after upgrade to 8.5?
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

I remember having discussed that in a forum lately here

http://community.zimbra.com/collaborati ... /t/1076209

Sadly (this happens more often that I would like), we never heard any feedback to the solution/question given.

Could you try to make sure you also have that config in place? Could you please also paste the output of running the following command in all your zimbra servers:

$ zmprov gs `zmhostname` | grep -i serviceena

Usually, when something is blocked, you should be able to see in the logs why it was blocked. Start by checking these logs:

/var/log/zimbra.log

/opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

I'm not near my lab now...but I remember that there is a command to trace any specific message you want (I never used it myself). Maybe with that and the output of /var/log/zimbra.log you will be able to trace that message and really see which service is "blocking" it (it confuses me that you are not using your AV/AS when I belived they are the ones that block these kind of things).