Use zimbra calendar without mailserver?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
schlumpf

Post by schlumpf »

I'd like to know if it's possible to use zimbra only for the calendar, but not for the mail (or with an external mail server)? Background: we've got a company mail server already set up and are looking for a solution to share our appointments and manage resources. We'd like to access the calendar via CalDav (e.g. from within the Thunderbird Lightning Plugin), but keep the existing mail setup. Is this possible at all? (even if it's not the most reasonable approach)? If yes, how do I go about it? Thanks in advance!
chauvetp
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by chauvetp »

I'd imagine this could work, but the mail server would still be installed and running. You could set it so that each account is setup for automatic forwarding (so the Zimbra account forwards to your real account).

The only caveat I can think of is you'd have to manage shares manually (i.e. a user would have to go into the Zimbra account and setup the shares, and the receiving users would have to go into Zimbra and use the Find Shares button to accept the shares).