Need help setting up Relay service. Will Pay for tech to log on and set it up for me.

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
tmdingram

Need help setting up Relay service. Will Pay for tech to log on and set it up for me.

Post by tmdingram »

I have the relay service already, and just need it set up in my Zimbra Server, my normal tech is no longer with me, and I would like to pay someone to log in and set it up...  Is this possible?

Thanks!

Todd.
Fabio S. Schmidt
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Fabio S. Schmidt »

Hi Todd,

Before you consider paying for it, I think we could help you here !

Let me see if I understood it correctly: You want to configure your Zimbra to relay on another server.
tmdingram

Post by tmdingram »

Yes... That's exactly it... I just don't understand the terms nor references the instructions here tell me to do...

http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Sending_mai ... rnal_relay

I've had a tech run my mail servers since 1998, and I recently lost him to another life choice he made, so I really don't understand the programming aspect. I know we run Ubuntu, and ZCS on a VM on a Windows 2012R2 Server, I have admin access to the web side of the Zimbra Server, I also have root on the Linux VM server, but I REALLY don't understand the command lines. I have signed up for service through Elastic Email... and they have given me a username and password to enter... and the server address is smtp.elasticemail.com

The reason I need to use a relay service is I can not get an ISP here in Belize to program a reverse DNS lookup due to the fact none of them have DNS servers. (They are that behind here...)

So, that is my story.

Thanks,

Todd.
Fabio S. Schmidt
Advanced member
Advanced member

Hi Todd,

Do you know which version of Zimbra you are using? You can get it running 'zmcontrol -v' with the zimbra user.
tmdingram

Post by tmdingram »

No, I don't, where would I find that in the web Admin of the server?

I really really don't want to hard code anything in the ubuntu VM machine...
Fabio S. Schmidt
Advanced member
Advanced member

In this case, you can get it easily on the Webmail interface.

Just click on the sign close to your account name (top right) and then click on the 'about' option. Since you really need assistance on this demand, we are a consulting company in Brazil and we can help you ! Just send me your email address.
tmdingram

Post by tmdingram »

Zimbra 7.1.1_GA_3196 (build 20010527011130)
Fabio S. Schmidt
Advanced member
Advanced member

Thanks for the reply, I'm already speaking with my team and we will contact you as soon as possible.