Zimbra 8.6 OSE Multiserver: Multiple Mailbox servers

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Fabio S. Schmidt
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Fabio S. Schmidt »

Hi,
We are deploying a multi-server Zimbra 8.6 OSE environment and I noticed some behaviours related to having multiple mailbox servers. 
I mean, the only way to manage Zimbra is via some Mailbox server? Is there any way to manage it through a proxy server? I have also noticed that we must setup external authentication on every Mailbox Server, is this correct or am I misunderstanding something?
When running "zmprov ca" on the Core server, what rules are applied to determine the mailbox on the account will be created? Is there any way to specify the mailbox server when creating the account?

imanudin11
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.8.15.GA.3829.UBUNTU16.64

Post by imanudin11 »

[quote user="Fabio S. Schmidt"]
Hi,
We are deploying a multi-server Zimbra 8.6 OSE environment and I noticed some behaviours related to having multiple mailbox servers. 
I mean, the only way to manage Zimbra is via some Mailbox server? Is there any way to manage it through a proxy server?
[/quote] Hi, Please take a look at this link : https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Enabling_A ... sole_Proxy [quote]
I have also noticed that we must setup external authentication on every Mailbox Server, is this correct or am I misunderstanding something?
[/quote] I think external authentication is refer into domain [quote]
When running "zmprov ca" on the Core server, what rules are applied to determine the mailbox on the account will be created? Is there any way to specify the mailbox server when creating the account?
[/quote] If you create account via Zimbra Admin, you can select where mailbox server do you want. If create account via CLI, you can define zimbraMailHost to specify which mailbox do you want

Best Regards,
Ahmad Imanudin - Sharing is Beautiful !
Personal Blog [EN] :http://www.imanudin.net
Fabio S. Schmidt
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Fabio S. Schmidt »

Hi Imanudin,

Thanks for the clarification.