Sender address rejected: not owned by user

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mrdebian
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.7.11_GA_1854.RHEL7_64_201

Sender address rejected: not owned by user

Post by mrdebian »

Hi,

I've got serverA using smtp auth via serverB which is the Zimbra server.
User details are fine and I've setup my app to use same user auth and FROM field but I'm always getting the following error:

Code: Select all

zimbra1 postfix/smtps/smtpd[10242]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mydomain.com[my ip]: 553 5.7.1 <support@mydomain.com>: Sender address rejected: not owned b
y user clientportal@mydomain.com; from=<support@mydomain.com> to=<mygmail@gmail.com> proto
=ESMTP helo=<mydomain.com>
I'm using latest stable Zimbra.

Any help is much appreciated.
quanah
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Re: Sender address rejected: not owned by user

Post by quanah »

Your own code shows the auth user is clientportal@mydomain.com, while the From is support@mydomain.com. Those do not appear to match to me.
--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect, Symas http://www.symas.com/
OpenLDAP Core team http://www.openldap.org/project/
ict4u

Post by ict4u »

Hello I have this same issue,

Code: Select all

Jul 13 15:27:44 mail postfix/smtps/smtpd[14188]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[41.202.219.64]: 553 5.7.1 <user@mydomain.com>: Sender address rejected: not owned by user user@mydomain.com; from=<user@mydomain.com> to=<dest_user@somedomain.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<[10.185.235.32]>
Any solution ?
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

clientportal@mydomain.com is this address a distribution list or an alias ?
ict4u

Post by ict4u »

DualBoot wrote:clientportal@mydomain.com is this address a distribution list or an alias ?
In my case it is a regular email address. I can send mails from webmail client, but from Outlook I will receive that error message
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

Regular webmail address does not mean your address supply in the from field is own by the user address used with SMTP authentication.
ict4u

Post by ict4u »

I have fix my problem for now by removing "reject_sender_login_mismatch" from "/opt/zimbra/conf/zmconfigd/smtpd_sender_restrictions.cf"
rojoblandino
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by rojoblandino »

ict4u wrote:I have fix my problem for now by removing "reject_sender_login_mismatch" from "/opt/zimbra/conf/zmconfigd/smtpd_sender_restrictions.cf"
zmcontrol -v
Release 8.7.11.GA.1854.UBUNTU16.64 UBUNTU16_64 FOSS edition.

I have a development enviroment to move the configs to production but i am getting a problem on second step:

1st step) Setting a split domain:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Split_Domain

No problem in this step, all working fine.

2nd step) For avoiding a user's password compromised to relay emails using a different email address than the one uses to authenticate with smtp:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Enforcing_ ... ername_8.5

Then I got following error:

Dec 6 13:02:27 mail1 postfix/smtpd[48259]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from mail1.test.tt[x.x.x.x]: <admin@mail1.test.tt>: Sender address triggers FILTER smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026; from=<admin@mail1.test.tt> to=<user1@test.tt> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail1.test.tt>
Dec 6 13:02:27 mail1 postfix/smtpd[48259]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail1.test.tt[x.x.x.x]: 553 5.7.1 <admin@mail1.test.tt>: Sender address rejected: not logged in; from=<admin@mail1.test.tt> to=<user1@test.tt> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail1.test.tt>

I am still looking for a solution to make both steps to work, there is any way to exclude an account from being check on the second steps that live out side of the server on split domain?
wineresp

Post by wineresp »

Still got this error. Got a zimbra server and an app needs to send an email with another mail account. For ex:

The user Juan (Juan@mail.com) needs to send with the account of information technology (it@mail.com) a mail and its shows this error.

¿Can some1 help me?

Thanks !
Attachments
Screenshot_76.png
Screenshot_76.png (10.76 KiB) Viewed 13702 times
rojoblandino
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by rojoblandino »

I am not shure if placing a PMG(Proxmox Mail Gateway) before as a router for mails could solve it.

I will build a lab and i will feed you folks!

Maybe if i do the enforcing and avoid the emails reaching the server zimbra A by the transport in the PMG and send them to server zimbra B from the PMG could solve the problem.

I will test it and feed you.