Meetings disappears from calendar

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
nevokl

Meetings disappears from calendar

Post by nevokl »

Hi,
I work in the IT department of the company,
We use Zimbra 8.6.0_GA_1178.NETWORK (build 20150618170638)

We have an issue with a user of ours,
I'll try to explain it the best I can:

Everything below is done via Zimbra Web Client, not outlook.
Annie is the secretary of Alan.
Annie creates meetings on Alan's calendar (She have full permissions to it and it's set on her account as shared calendar).
The meetings has a few attendees, one of them is “Conference Room B” (“Conference Room B” is set as a resource-location on the server).

A few hours later, Annie wants to re-schedule the meeting.
Annie goes on Zimbra Web Client and opens Alan’s calendar,
But the meeting isn’t there!
Annie looks at “Conference Room B” calendar – The meeting does appear there.
Annie contacts the other attendees – The meeting does appear on their calendars.
Annie checks with Alan – The meeting doesn’t appear on his calendar at all.

Being unable to re-schedule or cancel the meeting, Annie simply schedule a new meeting on the correct time, exactly the same way the first one was scheduled.
This time, the meeting appears as it should.

This has happened several times for this user.

This create a situation where Alan is unaware of meetings, and the Conference Room’s calendar shows that the first meeting’s time is reserved – when in reality it isn’t.

Did anyone else have encountered the same issue?
Does anyone have a suggestion what can be the cause and/or the solution to this issue?

Thank You
Nevo.
Cine

Re: Meetings disappears from calendar

Post by Cine »

Hi nevoki!

I know this might sound dull, but are you sure Annie and Alan are looking at/set as visible the right calendars? Also, did you try to track down what happens to the appointment in the mailbox.log?

Have a nice day,
Cine
Filippo "Cine" Cinetto

Music addicted & metal singer, online gamer, ZCS sysadmin and community enthusiast.
Head of IT Support and Communication & CCM at ZeXtras
Proud founding member of the Zeta Alliance
nevokl

Post by nevokl »

Hi Cine,

I don't quite understand what do you mean by "are you sure Annie and Alan are looking at/set as visible the right calendars?"
Can you please explain?

Thanks
Cine

Post by Cine »

Hi Nevoki,

I've seen users with multiple calendars complaining about "lost items" just to find out that they didn't mark the right calendars as visible by ticking the related entry on the calendar list... Again, it might sound dull but it's a common error - especially for new ZCS users :)
Filippo "Cine" Cinetto

Music addicted & metal singer, online gamer, ZCS sysadmin and community enthusiast.
Head of IT Support and Communication & CCM at ZeXtras
Proud founding member of the Zeta Alliance