Move between open source instances

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
cscott

Move between open source instances

Post by cscott »

I've been using the open source version of Zimbra for over a decade, and I'd like to stand up a freshly installed instance of 8.7 on a new server. I've read quite a few pages about migrations, but its not clear to me what's possible. Is there a clean and reliable way to move users (mail, documents, calendar,etc.) to a brand new instance of open source Zimbra?

TIA
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Move between open source instances

Post by phoenix »

cscott wrote:I've been using the open source version of Zimbra for over a decade, and I'd like to stand up a freshly installed instance of 8.7 on a new server. I've read quite a few pages about migrations, but its not clear to me what's possible. Is there a clean and reliable way to move users (mail, documents, calendar,etc.) to a brand new instance of open source Zimbra?
There are many choices all over the forums & wiki for moving to a new server including this suggestion, use the ZeXtras Migration Tool - it's quick, painless, it works and it's free. The only caveat is that you'll need to be on a minimum ZCS version and as you've not provided any deteils I'd suggest tyou check the ZeXtras site and documentation for the required information.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
cscott

Post by cscott »

I'd like to make some changes/updates to the Zimbra config. Root/parent FQDN, etc. Right now, accounts exist within FDQN X with aliases in FQDN. In this new instance, I'd like domain Y to be the root domain.

Is it possible to use that tool just to migrate user data without Zimbra's configuration?

Thanks Bill
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

How many users and what size mailboxes (total) are we talking about in this move?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
cscott

Post by cscott »

Just 2 users (~1 GB mailbox size), and a handful of aliases and DLs.
v1rtu4l

Post by v1rtu4l »

If all better methods fail imapsync is your friend

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk