Win.Exploit.CVE_2016_3316-1

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
MIS

Win.Exploit.CVE_2016_3316-1

Post by MIS »

All emails with any .doc files attached are being quarantined as viruses due to Win.Exploit.CVE_2016_3316-1. I've already run Windows Updates on all internal machines and the versions of Office we run are not even affected by the vulnerability. Even .doc files created with our Office versions are being blocked. What is the correct way to whitelist an antivirus signature (preferably per IP or domain)? Zimbra Version: 8.7.0_GA_1659.FOSS
Uma Shankar

Re: Win.Exploit.CVE_2016_3316-1

Post by Uma Shankar »

MIS wrote:All emails with any .doc files attached are being quarantined as viruses due to Win.Exploit.CVE_2016_3316-1. I've already run Windows Updates on all internal machines and the versions of Office we run are not even affected by the vulnerability. Even .doc files created with our Office versions are being blocked. What is the correct way to whitelist an antivirus signature (preferably per IP or domain)? Zimbra Version: 8.7.0_GA_1659.FOSS
Hi,

This is happening due to an update by Clamav signature database. Please read here http://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clama ... 03237.html
I think an freshclam update will resolve the issue.
Please check here when was the last update done /opt/zimbra/log/freshclam.log

Regards,
Uma Shankar