Cannot run program

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Cannot run program

Post by phoenix »

anderson.deda wrote:I will schedule a maintenance window to perform the update to 8.7.
Can you pass me a version of the upgrade guide 8.6 to 8.7?
Details of the upgrade procedure and any possible bugs that may affect you are always in the Release Notes (on the download page). You should read them in detail to make sure you understand what's happening, there are significant changes to the upgrade from this ZCS version onwards so please make sure you understand what's needed. You may also want to look at some of the threads in the forums of the people that have encountered problems just as an FYI before the upgrade. I will mention that DSPAM has been removed from ZCS going forward and I'd advise you to disable it prior to the upgrade.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
carolina

Post by carolina »

Can someone help me, I have the same issue. I created the files but it didn't work
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

carolina wrote:Can someone help me, I have the same issue. I created the files but it didn't work
You're going to have to give a bit more detail about what is your exact problem and what you're doing that's causing you a problem, we're not mind readers on these forums. ;)
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
opsystem

Post by opsystem »

carolina wrote:Can someone help me, I have the same issue. I created the files but it didn't work
I had the same problem, solved here for me.
I'm not a Linux expert, I would like to know why the current path is /opt/zimbra is so important...
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

opsystem wrote:
I'm not a Linux expert, I would like to know why the current path is /opt/zimbra is so important...
That's because all the ZCS files are installed in the /opt/zimbra directory structure, you do that by using the "su - zimbra" command to login as the zimbra user and that sets the correct environment for running any zimbra command. This really has been covered many times in the forums and a quick internet search would have got the answer about using the 'login' command and the environment being set.

[Edit]BTW, I've been running Zimbra for the past thirteen years and never needed to "cd" into the zimbra directory, all you need to do is use "su - zimbra".
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
opsystem

Post by opsystem »

phoenix wrote:
opsystem wrote:
That's because all the ZCS files are installed in the /opt/zimbra directory structure, you do that by using the "su - zimbra" command to login as the zimbra user and that sets the correct environment for running any zimbra command. This really has been covered many times in the forums and a quick internet search would have got the answer about using the 'login' command and the environment being set.

[Edit]BTW, I've been running Zimbra for the past thirteen years and never needed to "cd" into the zimbra directory, all you need to do is use "su - zimbra".
Yes, thanks Bill, after some reading all it's clear and simple. I hope this will help someone else who misses the relation between the "Cannot run program" error and the Zimbra user environment 8-)