Zimbra 8.7 autodiscover

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
josip.macek

Zimbra 8.7 autodiscover

Post by josip.macek »

Hello,
I freshly installed Zimbra 8.7. + Z-push for activesync with (http://vwiki.co.uk/Z-Push_v2_with_Zimbra ) this procedure.
Now i have problems with policyd but that is on other post.

I want to setup autodiscover.
On my dns i have setup SRV record, A record for autodiscover.expamle.domain and for _autodiscover._tcp.example.domain and records are pointing to my server.

In httpd config i made Alias for /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml point to /var/www/html/z-push/autodiscover/autodiscover.php
But Microsoft tool for checking autodoscover cant complete testing.
Now i wait for certificate because it maybe dont work because of that. ( no mather that i selected that Ignore trust of SSL )

Firewalld is offline.

Any idea. ?

Tnx in advance for help and effort.
tonster
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.7.0_GA_1659.RHEL6_64_2016

Re: Zimbra 8.7 autodiscover

Post by tonster »

I would suggest contacting the authors of zpush for assistance.
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

I replied earlier but I guess my reply got quarantined

Do you have a publicly available DNS entry for autodiscover.yourdomain.com pointing to your z-push server's public IP Address?

Did you configure the separate autodiscover config.php file to match your needs?
You need to set
define('TIMEZONE', 'Europe/London'); // Your timezone
define('SERVERURL', 'https://z-push.yourdomain.com/Microsoft ... ActiveSync');
define('USE_FULLEMAIL_FOR_LOGIN', true); // True/False as required
and most of course
define('BACKEND_PROVIDER', 'BackendZimbra');

I have found that different devices use capitalized and uncapitalized (A|a)utodiscover so it is best to allow for matching all cases. I use

Code: Select all

AliasMatch (?i)/Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml "/var/www/html/z-push/src/autodiscover/autodiscover.php"
and then for the Location definition use a similar match

Code: Select all

<LocationMatch "/(A|a)utodiscover/">
	 .... your settings ...
	</LocationMatch>
I am pretty sure the Microsoft tester will only work with a public SSL certificate - so go and generate one with letsencrypt

I also have a vague notion that it may be a requirement that the directory location for Autodiscover has Basic Auth on it where you need to login with your zimbra credentials.
josip.macek

Post by josip.macek »

I have managed that. I have found manual for that.
Because problems of policyd and lack of time for testing i will install new zimbra 8.5 (((( because i have another zimbra server 8.5 version and on that i have no problem with policyd )))) version and i will re-try autodiscovery and post back with entire configuration and test results.

Tnx
josip.macek

Post by josip.macek »

Hello,

i managed to have "testing ok" on Microsoft test site (https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/).
But discovery do not work...
In my zimbra logs for autodiscovery i have no errors. I will keep you posted if i manage to make it work with full post from step one to the last.
liverpoolfcfan
Elite member
Elite member

Post by liverpoolfcfan »

Do you use a public SSL certificate? Or a self-signed one?

What device type are you testing with?

I am petty sure autodiscovery will not succeed with a self-signed certificate.

Are you seeing requests to Apache for Autodiscovery? If the requests are seen and handled - then either your configuration settings in your config.php file are not right, or the certificate is not good, or the device is not handling it properly.