CatchAll Mail Delivery stopped working after server crash

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sb0373

CatchAll Mail Delivery stopped working after server crash

Post by sb0373 »

Hello Zimbra Community,

I urgently need some help and pointers into the right direction. This morning, the power went off of the Zimbra 8.7.6 Server. After a successful reboot, it seems the catchall setting does not seem to work anymore. This is the error message I get in the zimbra.log:

Jun 26 19:44:24 mail postfix/smtpd[24745]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mailout46-3.mobile.de[194.50.69.7]: 550 5.1.1 <test@domain1.com>: Recipient address rejected: domain1.com; from=<sender@senderdomain.com> to=<test@domain1.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mailout46-3.mobile.de>
Jun 26 19:44:24 mail postfix/smtpd[24745]: disconnect from mailout46-3.mobile.de[194.50.69.7] ehlo=2 starttls=1 mail=1 rcpt=0/1 data=0/1 rset=1 quit=1 commands=6/8

this error only shows up for my domain1.com. All the other domains domain2.com domain3.com work fine.

I did a Zimbra re-install to test if that fixes it. Also I re-setup the catchall (to the distribution list catchall@domain1.com):

zmprov modifyDistributionList catchall@domain1.com zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @domain1.com

Again, any pointers are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks and best wishes,

Stefan
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Re: CatchAll Mail Delivery stopped working after server crash

Post by DualBoot »

Did you put a zimbraMailForwardingAddress ?
sb0373

Re: CatchAll Mail Delivery stopped working after server crash

Post by sb0373 »

Hello DualBoot,

thank you very much!! this was actually it. The destination account was removed from all distribution lists so the lists were empty. I saw that when checking but it just didn't hit me.....

Any idea why a power cut would cause just this one e-mail account to be removed from all distribution lists? Is there a command that can actually do that?

Thanks again,

Stefan