SOLVED: Migration leads to nightmares

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

SOLVED: Migration leads to nightmares

Post by zim_mike »

Not so much the zextras migration itself but something else and for days, I've been trying to solve this issue.

I had to move a server to another network so rather than move it, I installed a new one and used zextras to migrate the accounts over.
Most people seem to be fine though there is a constant password issue where folks can no longer log in so I've been telling them to re-create their mailer account if that's what they were using.

DNS and all the usual things have been updated and propagated for days now.

I on the other hand am never able to send email no matter from a local machine, a remote one using web or desktop client. I get the following type of errors.

Delivery Failure Notification: Invalid address: toxxx@visi.com. com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailSender$SafeSendFailedException: MESSAGE_NOT_DELIVERED; chained exception is: com.zimbra.cs.mailclient.smtp.InvalidRecipientException: RCPT failed: Invalid recipient toxxx@visi.com: 554 5.7.1 <toxxx@visi.com>: Relay access denied

This happens no matter whom I am sending to and yes, they are valid email addresses. I've read all I can and cannot find an answer for this problem. Hoping posting here will get me somewhere.

The server is 8.7.11_GA FOSS.

I did notice that the proxy got installed on the new server and this didn't exist on the old one. Meaning, it's settings would be default.
So, the next thing I'm trying is to disable the proxy by following this page.
http://tux-racer.xyz/blog/index.php/201 ... imbra-8-7/

However, when I get to this;

[zimbra@mx root]$ zmprov ms `zmhostname` -zimbraServiceEnabled memcached

I get the following errors.

[] INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
[] INFO: Retrying request
ERROR: zclient.IO_ERROR (invoke Connection refused, server: localhost) (cause: java.net.ConnectException Connection refused)

I assume it's because memcache and the proxy are somehow out of sync now?

After this, I am still seeing the relay issue.

So, I'm wondering if I need to run the initial configuration again to get things to settle in?

Thanks.
Last edited by zim_mike on Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
iomarmochtar

Re: Migration leads to nightmares

Post by iomarmochtar »

Make sure your IP are listed in trusted networks, for check the current value.

Code: Select all

zmprov gs `zmhostname` zimbraMtaMyNetworks
For migration i've written a script for that, i always use it for migrating to zimbra network edition until now and it's going smoothly.

https://github.com/iomarmochtar/zsplit_domain_setup
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zim_mike »

The migration seems to have gone fine, it's something else. I've updated the above message.
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zim_mike »

I added the public IP of the server into postconf mynetworks and now things seem to work.

Not sure if I should keep the proxy stuff or not at this point but it's disabled as per the page I posted above.
I kept a backup of the previous server (vm) but all seems fine now.