Marked Spam

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Carlos A. P. Cunha

Marked Spam

Post by Carlos A. P. Cunha »

Hello!
Zimbra 8.7 do not use more DSPAM, OK, but now messages marked with spam and marked dont spam, do not learn more (even running zmtrainsa several times a day).
It seems to me that after a message has been classified as spam it can not be "cleaned", not even added in the whitliste of Spamassasin or Amavis.
They learn more (even running zmtrainsa several times a day).

Any idea ?

Regards,
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Marked Spam

Post by phoenix »

I don't really understand what you're saying but if it's that marking the same message as spam doesn't train SA then that would be correct. The training only recognises one copy of an email, multiple ones of the same type don't necessarily mean that it gets recognized more easily. If I've misunderstood then can you explain in a bit more detail what you mean?

If you want to improve your anti-spam system take a look at my signature and read the instructions in that thread that's in the link. It's trivial to implement but, as always, try it on a test server first.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Carlos A. P. Cunha

phoenix wrote:I don't really understand what you're saying but if it's that marking the same message as spam doesn't train SA then that would be correct. The training only recognises one copy of an email, multiple ones of the same type don't necessarily mean that it gets recognized more easily. If I've misunderstood then can you explain in a bit more detail what you mean?

If you want to improve your anti-spam system take a look at my signature and read the instructions in that thread that's in the link. It's trivial to implement but, as always, try it on a test server first.
That's right, when I mark as spam or milestone as not spam (more than 10), it does not "learn", this inumeros email from the same source.
In Zimbra 8.6 (with Dspam) this worked very well.

Example:
A message has been marked as spam (by the system and not by the user), I added the sender's domain in both the Spamassassin and Amavis whitelists, the score is over -100 and it still drops in the spam folder.

Regards,
Carlos A. P. Cunha

Hello!
Any ideia ?

Rgards,