Article review

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Article review

Post by pup_seba »

Hi!

I was reading this article https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Col ... repository and noticed 2 things.
- It does not mention that during the install the option to perform these steps is automated. I just think it could be relevant to include that line in the article.
- It says that optionally, selinux could be enabled. It was always my understanding that selinux was to be disabled as a requisite (in fact, is one of the first things support reviews and even asked me to do for the times i had it in permissive mode instead). Does this requisite changed? I can't find any info regarding selinux in installation/requisite/admin guides now :)

Thanks!
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Article review

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

Regarding the SELinux as requisite, does anybody knows what's the requirement now? According to that article the SELiunx could be optionally enabled, install documentation now just says nothing about SELinux when in previous versions it used to explain how it was a requirment to disable it.

I'm kind of confused, can anybody please help me with this? I know that it is possible to make it work, but my question is, is it supported by Zimbra?
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Article review

Post by pup_seba »

FYI, after asking Zimbra support about this, the answer is that SELinux is still required to be disabled even if not mentioned in the current version of the installation guides.

"""

>>>> 1) On RHEL/CentOS systems when installing Zimbra 8.8.9, how SELinux be configured? Documentation used to say that SELinux should be set as "disabled", but that's no longer the case. Documentation does not mention SELinux anymore. Can you please clarify what is the requirement?

>>>> Firewall Configuration should be set to No firewall, and the Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) should be disabled.

"""