auto decline of calendars not working

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
tom2810

auto decline of calendars not working

Post by tom2810 »

Hi all,

as you can read in subject, auto decline of calendars does not work.

In Admin Web interface I set up a resource with policy "Auto accept if available, auto decline on conflict" but unfortunately I am able to create a meeting at the same time and use the same resource.

Can anyone help?
Thanks
Tom

Edit:
I changed the default COS settings
zmprov mc default zimbraCalendarResourceDoubleBookingAllowed FALSE

Now I get the message that the appointment not can be scheduled, but it creates an additional entry in the calendar resource and in user calendar.
It that topic really to specific for Zimbra?
yeeP6rai

Re: auto decline of calendars not working

Post by yeeP6rai »

I've this issue too.

My settings (COS is "default"):

Code: Select all

[zimbra@zimbra ~]$ zmprov gc default zimbraCalendarResourceDoubleBookingAllowed
# name default
zimbraCalendarResourceDoubleBookingAllowed: FALSE

[zimbra@zimbra ~]$ zmprov gcr resource_name@domain.com zimbraCalendarResourceDoubleBookingAllowed
# name resource_name@domain.com
zimbraCalendarResourceDoubleBookingAllowed: FALSE

[zimbra@zimbra ~]$ zmprov ga resource_name@domain.com |grep COS
[zimbra@zimbra ~]$

[zimbra@zimbra ~]$ zmcontrol -v
Release 8.7.11_GA_1854.RHEL7_64_20170531151956 RHEL7_64 FOSS edition
and I can schedule resource at the same date and time
alex@goalgetters.com

Re: auto decline of calendars not working

Post by alex@goalgetters.com »

Has anyone from Synacor or member community resolved this issue yet? Based on my brief 'googling' of this issue, it seems to have been a recurring issue for several years.

Our issue as follows:
- Set up an "Equipment" resource that will auto accept if available and decline if not
- No values set in max number or percentage conflict (I am assuming NULL value means that it will be strictly enforced?)
- When attempting to set up a calendar event that is in conflict -- the user will receive a warning (Conflicting Resource pop-up). However, it then provides user ability to "Save" or "Cancel"

When it is a conflict .... why would Zimbra allow the user to "Save"? As a result of this action, it appears to ignore the conflict decline and allow the duplicate to be saved. We do not want this option to even be available for end-users. Is there a way to strictly enforce (i.e., do not allow users to create / save the calendar event if the resource selected is not available?)

Version Details:
Version 8.7.5_GA_1764.NETWORK Mar 14, 2017
Zimbra 8.7.5_GA_1764.NETWORK (build 20170314032533)