Zimbra Server Crashed , Help required in recovering the old mails

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
harsha.v

Zimbra Server Crashed , Help required in recovering the old mails

Post by harsha.v »

Hi,

My zimbra mail server hdd has been crashed Ver 8.0XX. how ever tried to recover the data backup of folder /opt/zimbra through stellar service. Now i require some guidance in recovering the old data and merge with the newly configured server (i.e zcs 8.5.XX) so Kindly please suggest on how to proceed in recovering the data.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Zimbra Server Crashed , Help required in recovering the old mails

Post by phoenix »

harsha.v wrote:My zimbra mail server hdd has been crashed Ver 8.0XX. how ever tried to recover the data backup of folder /opt/zimbra through stellar service. Now i require some guidance in recovering the old data and merge with the newly configured server (i.e zcs 8.5.XX) so Kindly please suggest on how to proceed in recovering the data.
First of all, you should be installing the most recent version of ZCS to import your data. Have you looked at any of the forum threads on this topic? I'd suggest you search the forums have a read of some of the reads you'll find then try their suggested solution and post again if you have problems.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
10424bofh
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Zimbra Server Crashed , Help required in recovering the old mails

Post by 10424bofh »

if you have all files in perfect condition theres another way than importing.

install the same version as crashed one with the -s option
copy your data simply over
run fixperms
it should run now
then you can upgrade