Attempted to start import while an import process was already running

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
cos

Attempted to start import while an import process was already running

Post by cos »

Hi,

we are using Zimbra webmail by browser, and we have configured some "secondary" account to be used by IMAP (in Preferences pane > New External Account > IMAP)
All the "secondary" accounts are on the same Zimbra server but on different mail domains (we have a single Zimbra server, located in LAN).

We have always used this feature without problems but starting with the update to 8.7.11 we experience some problems: every one or two days the mails from the secondary account are not downloaded or sent, even pressing the "refresh" button.

Looking at the logs in mailbox.log I see a lot of this lines, when the problem is happening.

Code: Select all

2017-12-05 02:26:46,712 INFO  [ScheduledTask-10] [name=user@domain.it;mid=10;ds=Secondary Account Name;] datasource - Attempted to start import while  an import process was already running.  Ignoring the second request.
I don't know when the first import process starts and why it doesn't end good. This situation stucks indefinitely.

Only way to solve, I found, is to delete the secondary account (in web mail, in pref pane) and create anew but this is not a good way to solve this problem.

Do you have some advice?

Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Attempted to start import while an import process was already running

Post by phoenix »

The External Account feature is designed to be exactly what it says i.e. you download mail from some IMAP account external to the ZCS server, it was meant to allow users to get mail from their legacy servers and not designed to be used the way you're using it. What is the point of 'downloading' email from one Zimbra account to another and what exactly are you trying to do? Do Shared Folders not do what you want?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
cos

Post by cos »

Thanks Bill for your reply.

We have few different domains on out Zimbra server and some users have a mailbox in few of this domains (eg user1@domaina.com; user1@domainb.com) .
What we want is to read/write mail for all these account using a single web page.
The "External Account > Imap solution" have always worked before the update. And also now works most of the time except when the problem arise (and at that time I see the log lines).
For example, for my account, from this morning I'm not able to read/write mails for the secondary address.

What do you suggest?

Thanks a lot
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Whether it previously worked or not, the External Account was never designed to do that. I've already mentioned what you should be using "Shared Folders", take a look at that.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
cos

Post by cos »

Thanks againg Bill,

with Shared folder I view the INBOX and subfolders, which is good.
But I have a problem with the "reply" function. With an external account the reply could be automatic set as the same receiving address.
For example, if my principal account is cos@principal-domain.com and I was receiving a mail directed to cos@secondary-domain.com, with the external account feature I was able to automatic reply with "From: cos@secondary-domain.com". Now it seems to me I have to switch all the times the menù on top of the message form.
I don't want to mess up the mails for the two accounts.
BTW why external account doesn't work anymore versus the same zimbra server? Is this a simple IMAP connection even if from the same host?

Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

cos wrote:....with Shared folder I view the INBOX and subfolders, which is good.
But I have a problem with the "reply" function. With an external account the reply could be automatic set as the same receiving address.
You need to use the Persona feature (in your Preferences/Accounts page) to reply as a different user.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Scroll down the Persona Settings page and use the "When replying or forwarding messages sent to" plus "When composing...." if necessary.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
cos

Post by cos »

I've tried but can't find a way to configure to reply automatically using the same address as the message is directed...
cos

Post by cos »

Thanks! The translation confuse me. Now it works.
Just a question: what was the external account error about? The Share Folder is ok but why the external IMAP doesn't work?
cos

Post by cos »

Sorry for keeping on this... but we have several users configured with IMAP external account on the same Zimbra server and is quite difficult to change the configuration for all.
Is possibile to know what cause the mailbox not to be update? The error is always the same

INFO [ImportData-2] [name=user@principaldomain.com;mid=34;ds=Name ;] datasource - Attempted to start import while an import process was already running. Ignoring the second request.
Could some debug be enabled?

If is something that could be fixed in a short time it could be better for us.

Thanks again for your help and patience!