Domain problems after install

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
thedead106

Domain problems after install

Post by thedead106 »

I need some assistance. When I installed ZIMBRA it grabbed my host name and domain for the install and I though no big deal ill fix it with masq.
Well I added my domain then went about adding users.
After adding all my users I noticed that my GAL was not returning any names so after some deep searching for how to's (BTW the CLI is a real joy) I discovered that all my address are in a GAL with the complete host name and from the sub domain I can not see them.

main is rwtestserver.gateway.moldbase.com
acct is moldbase.com

I can send/receive and the whole shooting match however I can not do a lookup to save my life.

ldapsearch -LLL -x -D uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra -w YOUDONTNEEDTHISHEREEH -H ldap://rwtestserver.gateway.moldbase.com:389

I can see all the address from this command, but when using the Webmail client with the domain set to internal I can not. What do i need to do to move them into the right domain?

I tried all the SYNC/External address things I can find please help!

just in case
Linux rwtestserver 4.4.0-103-generic #126-Ubuntu SMP Mon Dec 4 16:23:28 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
zimbra bersion: 8.7.11_GA_1854.FOSS