Restoring Zimbra from Snapshot

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Louis_G

Restoring Zimbra from Snapshot

Post by Louis_G »

Hello everyone.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for this. I was working on a script to up date my let's encrypt certs on a dual domain single server. The storage for the /opt directory is on a ZFS backed storage solution. I have snapshotting setup on that server to happen every 3 hours. While working on the script, I fat fingered one of the lines that changes permissions to zimbra:zimbra. It started doing it at the root level rather than the sub-directory where the certs are stored. I have since blown away the host, knowing that the /opt was stored else where and rebuilt it from scratch with the same settings the original had. (ip, hostname, firewall rules, etc.) I then proceeded to install the same version of zimbra 8.7.11. the problem i am running into is that when it gets to the ldap portion for inserting the settings, Ldap throws a 256 error (pasted below). The snapshot was taken when the box was still running zimbra and no mods where done to it until after the snapshot. So i can rollback to it as much as i want. I am of the thought process that the pids and locks are throwing the installer off. Forgot to mention, I installed it on CentOS 7. Any help with this would be appreciated.

(names and ip's have been changed to protect the inocent)

Code: Select all

[root@example ~]# /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmsetup.pl 
Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.20171214-091643.log
Installing LDAP configuration database...done.
Setting defaults...
	Interface: 127.0.0.1
	Interface: ::1
	Interface: 10.50.121.13
	Interface: 10.100.50.13

DNS ERROR - none of the MX records for mail.example.org
resolve to this host
Change domain name? [Yes] 
Create domain: [mail.example.org] example.org
	MX: mail.example.org (10.50.121.13)

Interface: 127.0.0.1
	Interface: ::1
	Interface: 10.50.121.13
	Interface: 10.100.50.13
done.
Checking for port conflicts
Checking ldap status....not running.
Starting ldap...failed with exit code: 256.
Setting defaults from ldap...done.