[ISSUE WITH IMAP SERVICE] - [ZIMBRA 8.8.5]

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
rodrigo

[ISSUE WITH IMAP SERVICE] - [ZIMBRA 8.8.5]

Post by rodrigo »

Hi there

I'm a little desperate with this problem with the IMAP service.

Here the log of the mailbox.log

Code: Select all

cat /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log | grep dropping

2018-01-21 19:15:45,329 INFO  [ImapSSLServer-5] [] imap - dropping connection for user example1@domain.net (LOGOUT)
2018-01-21 19:15:45,699 INFO  [ImapSSLServer-4] [] imap - dropping connection for user example2@domain.net (server-initiated)
2018-01-21 19:15:45,703 INFO  [ImapSSLServer-6] [] imap - dropping connection for user example3@domain.net (LOGOUT)
And so on... I have almost 1200 mailboxs. The system works, I can receive and send, but for some strange reason, in the server log it throws me those drop or dropping connection!!! :(

I made some adjustments in the server to see if this changed, but without good results, the connection is maintained for a short time, but after a while, it makes the drop of the users

These are the adjustments that I made:

zmprov mcf zimbraHttpDosFilterDelayMillis 0
 zmprov mcf zimbraHttpDosFilterMaxRequestsPerSec 100000
 zmprov mcf +zimbraMailTrustedIP [ip]
 zmprov mcf +zimbraHttpThrottleSafeIPs [ip]
 zmprov ms `zmhostname` +zimbraHttpThrottleSafeIPs [ip]
 zmprov mcf zimbraReverseProxyUpstreamReadTimeout 3600s
 zmprov ms `zmhostname` zimbraLmtpNumThreads 40
 zmprov ms `zmhostname` zimbraHttpNumThreads 500
 zmprov ms `zmhostname` zimbraImapNumThreads 1500
 zmprov ms `zmhostname` zimbraImapMaxConnections 40000
I also have rspamd installed, I followed a guide that was in this same forum.

PLEASE i need a little help to solve my problem, I will be eternally grateful if someone can help me! thank you very much.

My best regards.

Rodrigo.
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: [ISSUE WITH IMAP SERVICE] - [ZIMBRA 8.8.5]

Post by fs.schmidt »

Hi Rodrigo,

Please provide us more details about the issue and your environment.

What happens with the IMAP clients when the messages are displayed on the logs?
rodrigo

Post by rodrigo »

fs.schmidt wrote:Hi Rodrigo,

Please provide us more details about the issue and your environment.

What happens with the IMAP clients when the messages are displayed on the logs?
Obrigado pela sua resposta amigo.

Meu ambiente é o siguiente:

Zimbra: Release 8.8.5_GA_1894.RHEL7_64_20171026035615 RHEL7_64 FOSS edition.

Total de contas: 1150

Rspamd como mecanismo de AntiSpam.

Eu fiz um teste enviando um messagem desde meu celular e funciona sem problem algumo, eu posso receber e enviar sem problemas tbm, mas cuando eu dou a orden de enviar desde a app, esto aparce no log. (mailbox.log)

2018-01-22 00:57:42,350 INFO  [LmtpServer-27] [ip=200.54.193.62;] lmtp - Delivering message: size=1767 bytes, nrcpts=1, sender=rnavarroq@municoquimbo.cl, msgid=<20180122045741.B0632101676823@tritan.municoquimbo.cl>
2018-01-22 00:57:42,554 INFO  [ImapSSLServer-19] [name=rnavarroq@municoquimbo.cl;mid=5;ip=200.54.193.62;oip=201.219.237.219;via=com.android.email,200.54.193.62(nginx/1.7.1);ua=Zimbra/8.8.5_GA_1894;] imap - APPEND elapsed=23
2018-01-22 00:57:42,619 INFO  [ImapSSLServer-20] [] imap - dropping connection for user rnavarroq@municoquimbo.cl (LOGOUT)

O messagem chega ao destino, td bem! Apesar que no log diz [ImapSSLServer-20] [] imap - dropping connection for user rnavarroq@municoquimbo.cl (LOGOUT) o web-client do Zimbra fica bem, nao se fecha, mas após de um tempo a conexão se fecha.. acho que pelo menos um 1 minuto aprox. Logo disso o web-client volta a funcionar bem. O curioso de tudo meu amigo, é que cuando acontece isso, tbm minha conexão via SSH pro mail-server cai.. e isso muito louco, por que isso nunca aconteceu no mail-server antigo onde eu tinha correndo Zimbra 8.6.x

Si precisa de mais alguma coisa, tamos aqui! Muito obrigado por seu tempo de ler meu post e quer me ajudar!

Saludos.

Rodrigo.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I wouldn't think that Rspamd is the problem. :) What are the specifications of your server and how many users are online when you encounter this problem, how much RAM do you have? Do all your users use IMAP and which mail clients are they using and is NIO enabled on your server. FWIW, the latest version of ZCS is 8.8.6, I don't know if you fancy updating to that version?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
JDunphy
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 9.0.0_P39 NETWORK Edition

Post by JDunphy »

I am not running zimbra 8.8.5 but in case this helps. You might try to verify some limits.

zmprov gs `zmhostname` |grep -i ImapMax
netstat -na |grep 993 | wc -l
My guess is that you probably have zimbraImapMaxConnections too low with 1200+ users.
rodrigo

Post by rodrigo »

JDunphy wrote:I am not running zimbra 8.8.5 but in case this helps. You might try to verify some limits.

zmprov gs `zmhostname` |grep -i ImapMax
netstat -na |grep 993 | wc -l
My guess is that you probably have zimbraImapMaxConnections too low with 1200+ users.

Hi Jdunphy, thank for respond.

[zimbra@tritan ~]$ zmprov gs `zmhostname` |grep -i ImapMax
zimbraImapMaxConnections: 40000
zimbraImapMaxRequestSize: 10240
[zimbra@tritan ~]$ netstat -na |grep 993 | wc -l
My zimbraImapMaxConnections is high and I don't understand why the server drop the conection! :/

Thank for your help!

Rodrigo.
rodrigo

Post by rodrigo »

phoenix wrote:I wouldn't think that Rspamd is the problem. :) What are the specifications of your server and how many users are online when you encounter this problem, how much RAM do you have? Do all your users use IMAP and which mail clients are they using and is NIO enabled on your server. FWIW, the latest version of ZCS is 8.8.6, I don't know if you fancy updating to that version?
Hi phonix.

User online about 500+

The environment is virtualized, the VM (mail-server) has 24GB RAM 2CPU with 2 core per socket!

The major of clients use de web-client of zimbra and the other users , use the cel phone to recive and send emails. At this moment a have 50 IMAP sessions in the server.

When i configurate de RSPAMD, I notice the new mail-server recive more spam than before! In my old zimbra-server (8.6.0) the spam was very very low, and now the spam level is very high, may be i miss something in the configuration of Rspamd. Can you help my please? Thank you!!!

Rodrigo.
rodrigo

Post by rodrigo »

When the problem appear, this is the messege in the zimbra admin panel:

Message: Network error Error code: AjxException.NETWORK_ERROR Method: AjxRpc.prototype._invoke Details:Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Failed to load 'https://tritan.municoquimbo.cl:7071/ser ... oOpRequest'.

And this messege in the web-client when the conection is lost!

Cannot connect to server
method:SearchRequest
msg: Cannot connect to server.
code: EMPY_RESPONSE

The other problem is the RSPAMD, i feel the filter are not working propertly! Please, i need some help to fix the problem in rspamd! In the old zimbra server, the spam was very little, but in the new one, the spam grow up in only one day of production! Thank you very much to anyone can help me.

Best regards.

Rodrigo.