Blocked attachment extensions are allowed if in a eml

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
scristopher

Blocked attachment extensions are allowed if in a eml

Post by scristopher »

Just discovered that blocked attachment extensions such as exe, zip etc are allowed to pass through to the users inbox if the attachment is in a eml. For example I created a empty test text document and placed it in a new folder, then zipped the folder, the folder is now NewFolder.zip. I send this file to myself as my zimbra server allows zip files and receive the message fine which is expected. Then in outlook I compose a new message to a different domain which is not on my zimbra server (domain2), this recipient should not be able to receive zip files. While typing the message I drag and drop the message that I received from myself, which has the zip attachment onto the current message I am preparing to send to domain2. I send my message and the user receives it. In any other case where I would attach a zip file this would be blocked but dropping the previous message I sent to myself looks like it is sending a eml attachment.

Is there any way to block these messages besides blocking eml files?