Allowing user's access to a second mailbox

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15

Allowing user's access to a second mailbox

Post by patrickwilson82 »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible in Zimbra, like how in exchange you can give a user permissions to access another user's mailbox, and then set up the second user with another account in Outlook, so that she can see the first user's mailbox? If so, how do you do it? Thanks.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Re: Allowing user's access to a second mailbox

Post by L. Mark Stone »

patrickwilson82 wrote:Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible in Zimbra, like how in exchange you can give a user permissions to access another user's mailbox, and then set up the second user with another account in Outlook, so that she can see the first user's mailbox? If so, how do you do it? Thanks.
Easy!

Have user1 right-click on their Inbox icon and choose "Share". In the resulting popup dialog box you choose the email address of the user with whom you wish to share the Inbox, and their permissions when accessing the Inbox.

The second user will be sent an email invitation. If they are a Zimbra user all they need do is accept the invitation. If they are hosted elsewhere, the invite will contain instructions.

Works for all of the folders btw... Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Briefcase -- and not just the whole folder tree but you can share out individual folders only as well.

Hope that helps,
Mark
patrickwilson82
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15

Post by patrickwilson82 »

Thanks for the help Mark!
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

patrickwilson82 wrote:Thanks for the help Mark!
You're welcome! Pay it forward!

All the best,
Mark