Zimbra Collaboration & ZCO 8.8.7 questions

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
tayyabsaeed

Zimbra Collaboration & ZCO 8.8.7 questions

Post by tayyabsaeed »

Dear All,

1. I have upgraded Zimbra Network Edition in production from 8.6 patch 7 (which is running on ubunut 12.04) to Zimbra 8.8.7 NE with ubuntu 14.04, everything went smooth and now running smoothly.
2. I have upgraded Zimbra Network Edition in production from 8.6 patch 8 (which is running on redhat 7.2) to Zimbra 8.8.7 NE with same OS, everything went smooth and now running smoothly.

Good Job Zimbra Team for New version and lots of features.

My Quries:
1. Why we install new ZCO 8.8.7 connector on all my desktops while our outlook with old ZCO 8.6 connector is running with new Zimbra 8.8.7 ? What will we miss ?
2. Some client complaining that our saved emailed contact are missing, anyone who upgraded facing the same?
3. is Zimbra planning to launch their Desktop version and with builtin chat client?
4. After upgrading Zimbra self signed certificate has change, is this correct ?
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Re: Zimbra Collaboration & ZCO 8.8.7 questions

Post by L. Mark Stone »

tayyabsaeed wrote:Dear All,

1. I have upgraded Zimbra Network Edition in production from 8.6 patch 7 (which is running on ubunut 12.04) to Zimbra 8.8.7 NE with ubuntu 14.04, everything went smooth and now running smoothly.
2. I have upgraded Zimbra Network Edition in production from 8.6 patch 8 (which is running on redhat 7.2) to Zimbra 8.8.7 NE with same OS, everything went smooth and now running smoothly.

Good Job Zimbra Team for New version and lots of features.

My Quries:
1. Why we install new ZCO 8.8.7 connector on all my desktops while our outlook with old ZCO 8.6 connector is running with new Zimbra 8.8.7 ? What will we miss ?
2. Some client complaining that our saved emailed contact are missing, anyone who upgraded facing the same?
3. is Zimbra planning to launch their Desktop version and with builtin chat client?
4. After upgrading Zimbra self signed certificate has change, is this correct ?
Always better to run a later version on the server than a later ZCO version; the 8.6 ZCO knows nothing about the 8.8.7 server.

I've not seen contacts disappear during upgrades to 8.8.x

A new 8 Desktop has been rumored, but I've heard no delivery timeframe.

Zimbra installers always deploy a new self-signed certificate if you were running a self-signed certificate already.

Hope that helps,
Mark