Filters not working for some users after upgrade to 8.8.8

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
matteo.fracassetti
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Filters not working for some users after upgrade to 8.8.8

Postby matteo.fracassetti » Thu May 24, 2018 8:47 am

Hi all,

We just upgrade our 8.7.6 zimbra setup to 8.8.8_p3.
After upgrade, seems that for some users mail filters are not honored and not executed when an incoming emails arrive. It happens only for some users (mine are working fine) and if we execute the same filter via web client (using "Run now" button) they works as expected.
Before upgrading, filters works as expected for all users.

How can I debug filters?


matteo.fracassetti
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:56 pm

Re: Filters not working for some users after upgrade to 8.8.8

Postby matteo.fracassetti » Thu May 24, 2018 9:27 am

Strange things...

We have a filter (added to the filter list while creating the users so the same filter is present in all mailbox on our server) that matchs an header added to the emails from our SMTP server (Cisco IronPort): X-IronPort-Spam = True
User which is reporting issues has the filter as the first of the filter list (as before upgrading zimbra) so I moved it to the bottom and filters has started working again. I moved again it on the top of the lists and filters continued to work.

So seems that simply changing the filter order and restoring it as previously has fix the issue...

Return to “Administrators”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests