Send As delegated account vs. Persona

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
opsystem

Send As delegated account vs. Persona

Post by opsystem »

Hello all,

on 8.6 I’ve granted a “send as” permission from, let’s say, dsga@mydomain.it to the user admin@mydomain.it through the Delegates settings of shared user in web GUI.
The shared address is showing in the “From:” drop-down menu of admin, but problem is that it doesn’t appear in the Persona list under Account preferences. So I can’t edit all the Persona settings for it (i.e. setting a specific signature).

I’ve also tried to add the Persona manually filling in the dsga@mydomain.it address inside admin preferences, but it simply ends up with a “dumb” duplicated address which doesn’t comply with the sent items policy (sent items using the personality are not saved in the shared sent folder).

So why a new Persona is not created when delegating Send As permissions? How can I manage the shared address settings from the admin account as the dsga was a Personality?

Thanks!
Attachments
sedn as persona.png
sedn as persona.png (394.4 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Send As delegated account vs. Persona

Post by fs.schmidt »

Hello,

Please take a look at the "Zimbra Shared Mailbox Toolkit". This tool is Open Source and it has an admin zimlet and a client zimlet as well. The client zimlet fixes the behaviour that you mentioned.

https://zimbra.org/extend/items/view/zi ... ox-toolkit

Kind regards.