Send an email to a non-existing user.

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Cooller-m

Send an email to a non-existing user.

Post by Cooller-m »

Hello. I have 8.7.11. And I create domain. Mail server work fine, but when I want send mail to unknown user in my domain, server send mail to user allinfo@mydomain. Why?
I want get (do not such user) or (change mail recipient). Sorry, i didn't good know English.

Log.
mail.JPG
mail.JPG (152.02 KiB) Viewed 893 times
I send mail to dfsdf@mydomain (user dfsdf not create) and i recieved mail to allinfo@mydomain.!!!! Why?

I want have error 550 No such user or change mail recieve. Thanks.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Send an email to a non-existing user.

Post by phoenix »

Cooller-m wrote:Hello. I have 8.7.11. And I create domain. Mail server work fine, but when I want send mail to unknown user in my domain, server send mail to user allinfo@mydomain. Why?
You've said that "when I want to send mail to unknown user" - why woould you want to do that?
Cooller-m wrote:I send mail to dfsdf@mydomain (user dfsdf not create) and i recieved mail to allinfo@mydomain.!!!! Why?

I want have error 550 No such user or change mail recieve. Thanks.
That's the way that Zimbra normally works in a default installation. You must have made changes to your system that changes the behaviour to the way it is now - do some research on the wiki & forums about a "catchall" address and see if that's configured then remove it, if that's what you want.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Cooller-m

Post by Cooller-m »

phoenix wrote:
Cooller-m wrote:Hello. I have 8.7.11. And I create domain. Mail server work fine, but when I want send mail to unknown user in my domain, server send mail to user allinfo@mydomain. Why?
You've said that "when I want to send mail to unknown user" - why woould you want to do that?
Cooller-m wrote:I send mail to dfsdf@mydomain (user dfsdf not create) and i recieved mail to allinfo@mydomain.!!!! Why?

Because i want test this. User say me, what their letter recieved to different user when his incorrect write send to.

Thanks for you.
Cooller-m

Post by Cooller-m »

How can I seen catchall account?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Cooller-m wrote:How can I seen catchall account?
I've already mentioned what you need to do -
search the forums and the wiki for 'catchall', read what you find there and check your system for a catchall configuration.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra