How to Configure Zimbra to use SPAMEXperts filter

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
CelulaWeb

How to Configure Zimbra to use SPAMEXperts filter

Post by CelulaWeb »

Hello,

I have done a sucessful migration to Zimbra 8.8 recently. But now I'm with problems to configure Zimbra to use the SPAM filter service our previous server was using. My main problem is with the outgoing messages. Some domains from my server should be configured to send using the filter while others dont need it.

The service is SPAM Experts who offers a guide in his KB about how to configure Postfix. Im trying to follow this guidelines without much sucess until now.
https://kb.spamexperts.com/36458-mta-co ... ed-routing

My last unsucessful attempt was try to configure Zimbras's Postfix using this following set of commands.
postmap /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
postmap /etc/postfix/sender_relay
su - zimbra
zmlocalconfig -e postfix_smtp_sasl_auth_enable=yes
zmlocalconfig -e postfix_smtp_sasl_password_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
zmlocalconfig -e postfix_smtp_sasl_security_options=
zmlocalconfig -e postfix_smtp_sender_dependent_authentication=yes
zmlocalconfig -e postfix_sender_dependent_relayhost_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/sender_relay

I have found many references about this commands in my searchs but looks like they didnt setup Zimbra 8.8 as intended.
If anybody could help me with this configurations, I will be very grateful.
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Re: How to Configure Zimbra to use SPAMEXperts filter

Post by Klug »

Why not sending all mail to SpamExperts?
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Sending_ma ... rnal_relay
CelulaWeb

Post by CelulaWeb »

That would work but our business model force us to use SPAM Experts to some domains while others dont have it. Our previous server was configured this way and I was tasked to reproduce this configuration in our new server.

I'm sure its possible, but i lack in Zimbra experience to do it.
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P12

Post by ccelis5215 »

CelulaWeb wrote:That would work but our business model force us to use SPAM Experts to some domains while others dont have it. Our previous server was configured this way and I was tasked to reproduce this configuration in our new server.

I'm sure its possible, but i lack in Zimbra experience to do it.
Hi, did you try this: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Relay_per_ ... structions ?

ccelis
CelulaWeb

Post by CelulaWeb »

I saw it before but havent tried yet. Why this can resolve the sender_relay file configuration part but does not cover the sasl_passwd file part.

Every domain registered in SPAM Experts's service has to be configured with his corresponding outgoing user and password in this setup.

As stated in their KB:
Create sasl_passwd file for the individual outgoing user(s):
@example.com outgoing@example.com:THEPASSWORD
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Post by Klug »

I'm doing such a thing (relaying per sender domain + queuing per recipient domain).

However, I'm not doing it in Zimbra for several reasons (won't survive upgrades, not easy to change some postfix setup in old Zimbra versions, etc).

So I created a tiny VM, Zimbra was setup to forward all the outgoing mails to this VM.
Postfix on this VM is configured in any way I want (it's just postfix, not postfix in ZCS): I have a specific transport_table, a relayhost_table, some authorized hosts/networks (no auth required), specific queues, etc.
It's really easier than trying to do it in ZCS.
ccelis5215
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 P12

Post by ccelis5215 »

Klug wrote:I'm doing such a thing (relaying per sender domain + queuing per recipient domain).

However, I'm not doing it in Zimbra for several reasons (won't survive upgrades, not easy to change some postfix setup in old Zimbra versions, etc).

So I created a tiny VM, Zimbra was setup to forward all the outgoing mails to this VM.
Postfix on this VM is configured in any way I want (it's just postfix, not postfix in ZCS): I have a specific transport_table, a relayhost_table, some authorized hosts/networks (no auth required), specific queues, etc.
It's really easier than trying to do it in ZCS.
+1
CelulaWeb

Post by CelulaWeb »

Hello,

First i want to thank Klug for his answer. Has been sometime since I posted my question here. I discussed the option to create a second postfix server as Klug suggested with my director but he believes its not the best solution. I have been search for a alternative way to complete this task using one server ever since.

I found a guide intended to configure another service but seem to implement a similar configuration with what we wish to do. All configurations are done through 'zmprov' but I'm not sure this changes will be persistent or survive upgrades.
https://www.smtp2go.com/setupguide/zimbra-mta-8-7/

Anybody knows if I follow this guide lines with some customization will allow me to configure Zimbra as intended?