Rename of domain went wrong

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Pepe

Rename of domain went wrong

Post by Pepe »

Good night pals!
A couple of days ago this question come to my mind, "what if i want to change my domain?" I go to Wiki and start to reading, did a snapshot with my lab zimbra and go ahead. The thing is i changed domain name successfully, but after doing that the message say i must change the rest with "zmlocalconfig". Changing that and restarting via "zmcontrol restart" ldap service is not starting... this is the message i get when i try to start zimbra.

Code: Select all

[root@zimbra1 ~]# /etc/init.d/zimbra start
Host zimbralocal.com
        Starting ldap...Done.
Failed.
/opt/zimbra/bin/ldap: line 91:  2811 Segmentation fault      sudo /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapd -l LOCAL0 -u zimbra -h "${bind_url} ldapi:///" -F /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config
/opt/zimbra/bin/ldap: line 91:  2855 Segmentation fault      sudo /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapd -l LOCAL0 -u zimbra -h "${bind_url} ldapi:///" -F /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config
/opt/zimbra/bin/ldap: line 91:  2910 Segmentation fault      sudo /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapd -l LOCAL0 -u zimbra -h "${bind_url} ldapi:///" -F /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config
/opt/zimbra/bin/ldap: line 91:  2913 Segmentation fault      sudo /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapd -l LOCAL0 -u zimbra -h "${bind_url} ldapi:///" -F /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config
/opt/zimbra/bin/ldap: line 91:  2916 Segmentation fault      sudo /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapd -l LOCAL0 -u zimbra -h "${bind_url} ldapi:///" -F /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config
/opt/zimbra/bin/ldap: line 91:  2960 Segmentation fault      sudo /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapd -l LOCAL0 -u zimbra -h "${bind_url} ldapi:///" -F /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config
/opt/zimbra/bin/ldap: line 91:  2963 Segmentation fault      sudo /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapd -l LOCAL0 -u zimbra -h "${bind_url} ldapi:///" -F /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config
Failed to start slapd.  Attempting debug start to determine error.
5b483770 daemon: getaddrinfo() failed: Name or service not known
I used the command for get all old domain stuff for make the change.

zmlocalconfig |grep olddomain.com
Im not sure what am i missing...
Thank you in advance.
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Rename of domain went wrong

Post by gabrieles »

Get a dump of the entire ldap

/opt/zimbra/libexec/zmslapcat /tmp
then search the old domain in it

cat /tmp/ldap.bak |grep olddomain.com
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

Hello gabriels,
i did that and the output was a lot of entries of old domain. How can i fix this?
I realize another thing, is about TLS certificate, did the same on another VM and that message came out.

Unable to start TLS: SSL connect attempt failed error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:vertificate veriry failed when connecting to ldap master.
Cannot determine services - exiting
I did a "zmcrtmgr createca -new" after domain change plus i did a deploy of that certificate.
One thing is I must do all steps on Wiki? Or is just enough with 8.7 stuff?
I ask this because after doing that change with

zmprov -l rd [olddomain.com] [newdomain.com].
the service work, didnt test all mailboxes but at least was started.
Thank you.
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by gabrieles »

Pepe wrote:

zmprov -l rd [olddomain.com] [newdomain.com].
Yes, basically the deletion was not really performed on the ldap. Using zmprov -l was my next step suggestion.