Old topic but, Zimbra never learns

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Old topic but, Zimbra never learns

Post by zim_mike »

I can usually solve pretty much anything but each step leads me to others asking why things don't work.
I give up on this, I can see how it is already leading down a rabbit hole and I've not even gotten past the install point.
The rspamd is only for those who admin this server full time, not the part time guy like myself. It's way over most peoples heads.

Updae: Now I see that the package never installed since I didn't have the rspamd repo but then this is also not mentioned in the doc.
>CentOS 7 (x86_64), requires EPEL. Hyperscan and LuaJIT are enabled.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

zim_mike wrote:The rspamd is only for those who admin this server full time, not the part time guy like myself. It's way over most peoples heads.
Not really, I don't do this for a living and I'm just a self taught home user of Zimbra so I'm no expert on any of this. If I can do it then anyone can. ;)
zim_mike wrote:Update: Now I see that the package never installed since I didn't have the rspamd repo but then this is also not mentioned in the doc.
It is briefly mentioned in the wiki article but the forum thread points you to the Rspamd wiki, I'll make the Zimbra wiki article a bit more clear later today.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zim_mike »

>If I can do it then anyone can. ;)

I do a lot of admin work and can tell you that this article needs updating. I doubt for sure that 'anyone can' in this case since I was stuck with problems before I even got started. Look at what I posted. The errors took me to forums where other people are confused about the problems they were seeing.
Also, the additional repos and requirements are not even mentioned at the start of the instructions.

Yes, it would be great if you or someone updated that article so that 'anyone' could do it :)
I certainly would appreciate it and thank you.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I've updated the wiki with information about the repository but do feel free to make any changes to the wiki article you deem necessary, it is accessible to everyone to edit.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zim_mike »

I wasn't aware of that and would be nervous about sharing bad information, especially since things change so quickly and I don't work on this regularly.
I'll make mentions here first, how's that.
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zim_mike »

to confirm, according to the doc, one only needs the two repos then?
rspamd & epel repositories
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zim_mike »

Actually, I think I'll pass for now. There are too many things to keep track of after starting to use this and as I said, I do this part time.
I wish Zimbra would spend more time on spam filtering.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Yes, they're the only additional repositories at this stage. If you plan to use redis then a more recent version should be used and I've also added details to the wiki article.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zim_mike »

I'll give it a try when I have a little more time on my hands and I hope, come back and update this post.

Thank you again.
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zim_mike »

There is one thing I didn't ask about which is my tag/kill settings.
To date, almost all of the stuff that ends up in my junk folder is in fact spam while real mail makes it to my inbox.
The problem is the sheer amount of stuff that makes it into the junk folder and how I need to trim that back a little.

What would you suggest in terms of using only the tag/kill settings that would lower the amount going into the junk box at all based on the tag/kill settings I've posted.