Old topic but, Zimbra never learns

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Old topic but, Zimbra never learns

Post by phoenix »

My Kill/Tag are set to 75/33 respectively and I've used those settings for years and see very little spam in the Inbox or even in the Junk folder. Obviously I've been using rspamd for a year or more and those settings were the same during the time I ran SpamAssassin I also didn't see much spam at that time.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zim_mike »

Interesting to me is that out of the box, someone can 'adjust' at will yet the install should automatically set things to the best settings known/possible.
I'm not sure that your settings would work the same way for me if I'm using slightly different configurations, perhaps even RBL for example.
Meaning, wouldn't your settings be based on other settings too such as Protocol Checks, DNS Checks and others on that page alone?

At kill 65 and tag 3, my kill/tag settings are already a little unusual based on what I've come across searching for help.
It is not clear to me if changing one affects the other or if each are separate.

Meaning, my tag setting is working well, almost all of the spam goes into the junk folder. I would say that 80% spam goes into the junk folder and the rest into my inbox. Not great but acceptable at least. However, killing the most obvious spam would help in that it would not even make it to my mail client.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

phoenix wrote:My Tag/Kill are set to 75/33 respectively <snip>
Bill,

I think you mean Kill at 75 and Tag at 33? :-)

FWIW I've found I can go to 75/20 with few false positives (legitimate email incorrectly tagged as spam). Tag values above 25 with users whose emails are very public, e.g. listed as contacts on company web sites, I find let too much expertly crafted spam through untagged.

All the best,
Mark
zim_mike
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by zim_mike »

>I think you mean Kill at 75 and Tag at 33?

Wasn't that the pre-set default when installing the server? I seem to recall that.
I have slowly changed my settings until most of the spam was at least being sent to the junk folder. It's not perfect but it's keeping most of it out of my inbox.
I was nervous about losing any mail but now I'd like to remove the most obvious spam.

There was an article posted about removing everything learned so far and re-training your server but as is too often the case, nothing mentioned even existed even though the person was talking about his own 8.7 server which is what I am running.
snowymoountain
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by snowymoountain »

I have installed this successfully on cents 7 how do I integrate into Zimbra / and administer ?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

snowymoountain wrote:I have installed this successfully on cents 7 how do I integrate into Zimbra / and administer ?
It's not clear from your post, what have you actually installed on CentOS7
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
snowymoountain
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by snowymoountain »

I've installed Rspmd on centos