Disable "Forgot Password" feature

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Inglebard

Disable "Forgot Password" feature

Post by Inglebard »

Hi,

What is the proper way to disable "Forgot Password" feature globally.

From https://rmatuag.github.io/zblog/fp.html :
Note that this is a beta release and should not be used in a production environment.
zmprov mc class_of_service zimbraFeatureResetPasswordStatus enabled
What is the way do disable this feature globally and not appear on the login screen ?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Disable "Forgot Password" feature

Post by phoenix »

It can only be modified in the COS and the link to the technical details article you've posted tells you how to disable it for the COS.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Inglebard

Post by Inglebard »

Hi phoenix,

Yeah, but this will not remove the link "Forget Password [Beta]" on login screen, right ?

And why we have "Stable" release of zimbra with "Beta" feature, what does this mean ??? Stable but potentially buggy or buggy but potentially stable ???
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Inglebard wrote:Yeah, but this will not remove the link "Forget Password [Beta]" on login screen, right ?
I've no idea as I don't use it.
Inglebard wrote:And why we have "Stable" release of zimbra with "Beta" feature, what does this mean ??? Stable but potentially buggy or buggy but potentially stable ???
I would have thought that was obvious from the documentation, the 'remember' function is beta code and it may or may not have bugs.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
budy

Post by budy »

This feature has made it into the release version of 8.8.9, which I updtaed over the weekend, and disabling this in the COS, also doesn't remove the link from the login screen - very bad, indeed. Gonna create a ticket for that, since this is non-functional in a AD environment anyway. This is only good for hosted environments, but most likely no company would want that for their employees - they're all already struggling hard to teach people secure passwords…
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

This 'feature' is beta, as mentioned above and in the release notes.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra