Zimbra Open Source Support Experiences (paid support)

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
PaperAdvocate

Zimbra Open Source Support Experiences (paid support)

Post by PaperAdvocate »

Hello,

I've had a longstanding issue that I couldn't figure out so I purchased a support contract for the Open Source Edition of Zimbra. The cost was a little over $1k which is a lot for me but I like Zimbra and thought it was time for me to stop being cheap, and I was tired of not sleeping since troubleshooting needed to be done at night... I don't like clients to pay for things that have no results so I paid for this myself believing that once the result was achieved I could bill the client...

The support interaction with Zimbra ended up being me sending logs 2 times then being told that it was a bug. I asked for more info on how this was determined or what the nature of the bug was but was given nothing else other than "it's in a que" that I can't see but that "I will be notified once it's updated". No visibility, no ETR, no indicator of where the logs showed that it could be a bug.

Given that this issue has been reported in 2016 and is still getting replies I have little hope that a resolution is going to be found without real attention: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60903

This is my post of the issue: viewtopic.php?t=63221

So my question is, is there anybody that has paid Open Source Support that has gotten better results? If it is indeed a bug then great, but I don't like holding my breath when so many other forum posts show that support hasn't been able to find a solution. Now I'm being asked to accept a bug report with no visibility or ETR as a solution.

Is paid OSE support worth it or should I be looking for a VAR or similar to get my issue resolved?

By the way, I love Zimbra. As easy as Office365/Google Apps is, I'd still prefer to support clients with Zimbra.

Thank you,

Jacob