Spam inside own domain

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
wadeg

Spam inside own domain

Post by wadeg »

Hi there,

I have a strange problem with spam in my domain.
Once in one mailbox in my domain, emails from another account of my domain began to drop into spam folder. Then came another mailbox with the same problem. Then there were other addresses from which emails drop into spam folder, including from some addresses other domains. In other mailboxes of my domain from these addresses emails do not get into spam folder.

X-Spam-score of such emails was OK, my domain and other good domains added in whitelist. Also I checked user's filters of such mailboxes.

Now I have already six accounts with problem. And became more addresses from which emails drop into spam folders even though they should not.

I suspect that the spamassasin was trained incorrectly. And for long time I tried again to train him not to consider emails from my and other good addresses as spam. But nothing has changed.

I will be glad to any help.
wadeg

Re: Spam inside own domain

Post by wadeg »

Zimbra Community 8.0.7_GA_6021.FOSS
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by pup_seba »

It sounds like the ones getting the emails, had (intentionally or by mistake) added those addresses to their personal spam list. Check that under those acounts preferences.

When spamassasin marks an email as spam, you should be able to see that in the zimbra.log, but if you say that you see an "ok" clean in there, then most likely is what I'm telling you.
wadeg

Post by wadeg »

I checked the settings of problem users.

From zimbra.log can be seen that email is being tested by clean and coming into user's mailbox. And at this moment trigger is works as if user presses spam button. Email is sent to system mailbox of spam.
alexk

Post by alexk »

Hi, how did you solve the problem?