Problem sending external email

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
vicksel

Problem sending external email

Post by vicksel »

Hi,

I'm having two main troubles with my zimbra server I have been trying some things but nothing work yet, so I would be grateful if somebody can help me.

1st.- When I'm sending emails from gmail to my zimbra domain the mail arrives after a while.
2nd.- I'm trying to send an email from my zimbra account to my outlook domain, at the moment I press send an automatic response is delivered to my zimbra account with the following content:
This is the mail system at host mail.pysgrp.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<jbarquera@glbayr.com>: glbayr.com
For the first problem I have no idea what it could be.
For the second problem I enabled in my firewall outlook server to accept all the incoming data from my zimbra server but nothing happend.

Greetings!
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Problem sending external email

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

1st.- When I'm sending emails from gmail to my zimbra domain the mail arrives after a while.
What's "a while" in minutes? Are you using your gmail webclient or are you using some thick client that syncs every "n" minutes with gmail?
Are your dns mx records ok? How long does it take for your zimbra MTA to receive the "ehlo" from google? You could see this last one by running a "tail -f /var/log/zimbra.log | grep -i your_sender_account@gmail.com"

2nd.- I'm trying to send an email from my zimbra account to my outlook domain, at the moment I press send an automatic response is delivered to my zimbra account with the following content:
First, in case you still didn't, try to follow this guide as much as possible. https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Best_Pract ... _and_DMARC
gmail and outlook domains, are very sensitive to accepting e-mail from "new" public IP addresses or ip addresses that still don't have enough reputation. Also, checking to see if you are in any kind of blacklist could help. You could check that here for instance. https://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
Also, right clic that "rebound" email you got, and select "show original", try to see there if you have any extra information on why your email is being rejected.
vicksel

Post by vicksel »

1.- I'm loggin in gmail with a gmail account and send an email to my zimbra account for example mypersonalaccount@gmail.com to pruebas@pysgrp.com and it takes sometimes days arriving the email.

2.- I've seen that guide yesterday and I searched about that actually I saw a video, I haven't done anything of that but when I press "Show Original" on my gmail inbox on a gmail that I send from my zimbra account it appears to be OK.

And the body of the message is the next one:
ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of pruebas@pysgrp.com designates 187.216.67.242 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=pruebas@pysgrp.com
Return-Path: <pruebas@pysgrp.com>
Received: from mail.pysgrp.com (mail.pysgrp.com. [187.216.67.242])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id r191-v6si1447698pfr.152.2018.07.17.10.15.42
for <victormx93x@gmail.com>
(version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
Tue, 17 Jul 2018 10:15:42 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of pruebas@pysgrp.com designates 187.216.67.242 as permitted sender) client-ip=187.216.67.242;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of pruebas@pysgrp.com designates 187.216.67.242 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=pruebas@pysgrp.com
vicksel

Post by vicksel »

Another solution?

Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Let's start with the usual info (you should always give this), post the full output of this command:

Code: Select all

zmcontrol -v
Is this server behind a NAT router and/or firewall? Does it have valid DNS A & MX records because (unless you've given false domain names) I can't seem to find them. If it's behind a NAT router or firewall, have you correctly configured a Split DNS? Have you had this problem for a while? Is this a new problem? If it's a new problem, what's changed recently on your server?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra