send using gmail smtp per user

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
iceruam
Advanced member
Advanced member

send using gmail smtp per user

Post by iceruam »

I have an issue with yahoo, other than they suck, sending mail to users in their domain. The emails keep getting: 421.4.7.0[tss04]messages from myip temporarily deferred due to customer complaints. 4.16.55.1
I can send using gmail with our same domain name with no issues.
I have DMARC, SPF, DKIM, RDNS setup(although when testing with external tools the rdns is hit and miss I have talked to our service provider they have no answer, they said they had the pointers set up but still occasionally when I do the tests the domain name reverse lookup will fail...like 1 time out of 5 it seems some days)

Yahoo is the only one I have an issue with. I filled out their requested mail sender form and all they do is send a canned response back but the results are the same.
We do NOT send out subscription or unsolicited marketing mail, our email is primarily questions and answers and excel/word attachments.

So my question is: Is there a way I can use gmail smtp per user, to send out emails from the zimbra web interface? We keep all sent and received emails for several years so want to store them on our servers.
I have tried just using gmail smtp but after 100 emails I was shut off. We can easily send out 100 emails in an hour company wide.

Open to suggestions

I am using zimbra 8.6.0 on ubuntu LTS
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: send using gmail smtp per user

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

Maybe I missunderstood but are you looking for something like the "persona" or "external account" feature under the user's preferences?
iceruam
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by iceruam »

No, I see the external account, but that, from what I see, is only for incoming mail and setting the reply address it does not point to an external smtp server. I thought of using thunderbird but I do like calendar and mail all in one spot so I am trying to avoid that option.
I was hoping there was a way to allow users to us their gmail account login to send mail from the zimbra web interface
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by pup_seba »

mmm I understand now. Sorry, I was oversimplifying.

I'm not aware of any configuration you can do to achieve that. Most similar thing I'm aware of is at a domain level, like when you need to configure a relay for your domain with an external provider that needs authentication. But that's it.

Maybe there is some sort of voodoo to do, but that's out of the scope of my knowledge.

If you find out how to do it, please share :)

gl!
iceruam
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by iceruam »

Update, still not able to send to yahoo, but talking with our ISP they the PTR was not propagating to the other servers, so that, I hope, explains the sporadic behaviour of the reverse lookup.