ranked autocomplete lookup fails after upgrade to 8.8.8

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
msmcknight
Advanced member
Advanced member

ranked autocomplete lookup fails after upgrade to 8.8.8

Post by msmcknight »

Hi everyone,

After my upgrade to:
Release 8.8.8_GA_2009.RHEL6_64_20180322150747 RHEL6_64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.8.8_P2

My user's ranked autocomplete address lookups no longer work. Lookup's work if the address is in the GAL or users personal address book, but not if they are simply ranked addresses. I've cleared the ranked cache for a few test users, thinking there was some kind of corruption in the table, but still no-go.

What's odd is that I can see new addresses being added to the ranked cache, but it seems as though they can't be used.

For example, one user's ranked cache looks like this:

Code: Select all

MariaDB [(none)]> select metadata from zimbra.mailbox_metadata where mailbox_id=4 and section='CONTACT_RANKINGS';
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| metadata                                                                                                    |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| d15:test@example.comd1:n0:1:ri4e1:ti1538804814608ee1:vi10e15:xx12@example.comd1:n0:1:ri1e1:ti1538804871089eee |
Addresses test@example.com and xx12@example.com do not exist in any address book. You can see by the "ri4e1" for the test@example.com address that it has been used 4 times and should be ranked the highest of the two, but no matter what I try, the autocomplete just doesn't seem to be looking at this table at all.

If I start to type an address that is in an address book, I see an entry similar to this in the nginx log:

Code: Select all

10.1.2.3:62028 - - [06/Oct/2018:02:12:54 -0400]  "POST https://zimbra.example.com/service/soap/AutoCompleteRequest HTTP/1.1" 200 1078 "https://zimbra.example.com:8443/zimbra/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0" "10.1.2.4:8080" "10.1.2.4:8443"
But an address not in an address book, but is in the ranked cache, doesn't generate such an action. As if there's no soap call at all.

If anyone has any idea on how to fix this, or how I can get better debugging data to see what's going on, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks to you all in advance,
Michael
msmcknight
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: ranked autocomplete lookup fails after upgrade to 8.8.8

Post by msmcknight »

Hi everyone,

Just a bump here. If anyone can offer assistance with this, it would be greatly appreciated!
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

msmcknight wrote:Hi everyone,

Just a bump here. If anyone can offer assistance with this, it would be greatly appreciated!
FWIW, 8.8.8 is now past End of General Support. See https://www.zimbra.com/support/support- ... lifecycle/

Suggest upgrading to 8.8.10 (Patch 1 was released today) and retest.

Hope that helps,
Mark
msmcknight
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by msmcknight »

I upgraded to 8.8.10p1 as suggested, rebooted the server, and still same behavior. I can see the address added to zimbra.mailbox_metadata for the user, but autocomplete just doesn't look at it.

Thank you
msmcknight
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by msmcknight »

Hi everyone,

Another bump here. I'm stuck on this one. I've upgraded to the latest release as suggested, but that didn't seem to make any difference. What's so weird is that the ranked addresses are being added to the database, but ZWC just isn't recalling them. They were working fine before I upgraded, so did the upgrade break something, or maybe it introduced a new setting that I need to turn "on"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Michael