Zimbra as a container ... if possible

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
mpazzaglia

Zimbra as a container ... if possible

Post by mpazzaglia »

Hi,
I'll explain my scenario, I would like to know if it is possible to do it with Zimbra and how.
I have a domain "domain.com" registered at an ISP with the related emails created (mail1@domain.com, mail2@domain.com ....), I installed and virtualized a Zimbra Server configured with a fake domain local "domain.local ", everything works fine locally. In the company there are several users (user1, user2, ....), I would like every user to see all the addresses created at the ISP and then Zimbra functions as a container for backup mail and for all other functions such as shared address book, shared calendar and chat in the suite. In practice, Zimbra should download locally mail with POP3, all users can see and send with all email addresses, but each users log in with their account to take advantage of Chat and Calendar to the best.

I hope I have been clear, I apologize if I will waste you time but I am not a mail server expert

Thank's in advice
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Zimbra as a container ... if possible

Post by phoenix »

Why don't you have your email delivered directly to your Zimbra server, that's what a mail server is supposed to do and you're only making it more complicated by doing what you propose.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
mpazzaglia

Re: Zimbra as a container ... if possible

Post by mpazzaglia »

I understand what you say but at the moment we do not want to give up the Server of the Provider and we would like in some way to centralize Backup, address book and calendar but without using clients like Outlook or Thunderbird ...
I know it's probably not the best solution but I would like to understand if it can be done.
Thank you