Restore a crashed dedicated server on a new dedicated

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
WolwX

Restore a crashed dedicated server on a new dedicated

Post by WolwX »

Hello,

I had a problem with my actual dedicated server, I can only access file but not launch de OS so I can't access Zimbra Admin Consol to do export or any command.

I'm trying to install and restore all my data (accounts, domains, messages, etc) into my new dedicated following this documentation but that's a bit complicated https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/ZCS_to_ZCS_rsync_Migration

My old dedicated is a Zimbra 8.5.1 on an Ubuntu Server 14.04 (64 bits) so I tried to install my new dedicated into the same point, Ubuntu Server 14.04 (64 bits) with Zimbra 8.5.1 but I was stuck with Segmentation Fault error after installing correctly.
So I installed the new server in an Ubuntu Server 16.04 (64 bits) with Zimbra 8.8.9.

My new server run fine, but I wish to import / restore my old datas.

I tried by simply copy pasting folders without success :
/zimbra/store
/zimbra/index
/zimbra/db/data/

I stuck on sql problem, or others errors

I tried to use migration tool, but I don't understand how to import ldap by this way if I just have local files / folders

Any one know how to do it with more success ?
axslingr
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 UBUNTU18

Re: Restore a crached dedicated server on a new dedicated

Post by axslingr »

Before restoring your backup of /opt/zimbra on the new server, you need to install Zimbra with the -s option(./install.sh -s). Once that's done, delete the resulting /opt/zimbra directory and restore your backup in its place. Then run install.sh again as normal and it should perform an "upgrade". Just make sure you're using the exact same version of Zimbra as the old server.

Lance