[Solved] Aliases doesn't receive any emails from the internet

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
randomizedname

[Solved] Aliases doesn't receive any emails from the internet

Post by randomizedname »

We have a problem with email aliases. Aliases doesn't receive any emails from the internet (external server, external domain). For example our: user@domain.com has an alias alias@domain.com. When I send an email from external account@externaldomain.com to alias@domain.com it doesn't receive this message. Moreover I don't get any undelivered report or anything. When I send the same email from external account@externaldomain.com to user@domain.com it works just fine. There are no sign of messages sent to aliases in /var/log/zimbra.log. What could causing this?
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Re: Aliases doesn't receive any emails from the internet

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

first is your alias working when sending to it from the inside ?
You see nothing, but what do you expect from the log ? Maybe you could send us some log
to see if we can help you?

Regards,
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

You should always give the ZCS version that's in use by posting the full output of the following command:

Code: Select all

zmcontrol -v
There isn't much to say about this other than if this really were the case then I'm guessing we would have hear d about it a long time ago. FWIW, I've used aliases on my accounts since 2005 and never encountered a problem of not receiving email, in fact the main email address I use is an alias (it's also a different domain name) and it's working fine. I'd suggest you look in the log files and see if there's anything in there that shows a connection (or not) from the sending mail server and what exactly happens you could also try sending from a gmail account and see what happens.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
randomizedname

Post by randomizedname »

Thank you for your responses. It revealed that it wasn't a problem with Zimbra but with configuration of the server from which I was testing :)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

randomizedname wrote:Thank you for your responses. It revealed that it wasn't a problem with Zimbra but with configuration of the server from which I was testing :)
Glad you've resolved it and thanks for the feedback. :)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra