Has Zimbra features?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
driftux

Has Zimbra features?

Post by driftux »

Hi, I plan to have about 10-20 servers with several thousands of email accounts and need the open source email platform to manage all the environment professionally. I have some question is ZIMBRA OS EDITION suite my needs:

Can I set in ZIMBRA server template or per domain limitations of sending email exactly like this:

a) from one mailbox let to send 50 emails per 10 minutes

b) from one mailbox let to send till 200 emails per 1 hour

c) from one domain let to send 500 emails per 1 hour

d) one email can contain up to 50 recieptiens (this means one email = one recieptient)

Can I allow connect to email server only from specific contries?

I need functions that can easy the administrator job with limiting bad activities. Or when the problem arises it could easely be controled, enabled/disabled and so on. I need not only control panel to manage the domains, but also do automatically a lot of functions of prevention.
gabrieles
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Has Zimbra features?

Post by gabrieles »

Surely you can do the first three with cbpolicyd.
The fourh i don't know if it's possible to do via policyd, bur surely can be achieved configuring smtpd_recipient_limit = 50, but it will be a postfix server-wide configuration, with no exception possible.
In any case can't be done via admin console.
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,
Can I allow connect to email server only from specific contries?
yes you can with IPTables combined with IPset tool or you can use other Firewall solutions.

Regards,
driftux

Post by driftux »

Does cbpolicyd integrate and all features is controlled from GUI?
I mean, can I set everything I asked from the graphical interface and for every domain?

And the second question, how do you guys fight with the spam? Is Zimbra good at this?
I mean if you have a lot of mailboxes you need watch all the time internet blacklist because one user which password was hack can bring down all the server.
When you need to find out which user is hacked, then block the mailbox, then inform the user, then clear ip from the blacklist and we all now that it not happens very quickly while IP gets whitelisted. So my question is Zimbra has tools to fight with the spam and prevent users to blacklist the IP. Does it prevent automatically in some way?
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

driftux wrote:Does cbpolicyd integrate and all features is controlled from GUI?
I mean, can I set everything I asked from the graphical interface and for every domain?
=> https://wiki.policyd.org/
And the second question, how do you guys fight with the spam? Is Zimbra good at this?
=> Good with some fine tuning like here : https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Anti-spam_Strategies
but it does not protect from phishing unless phishing email is detected as SPAM.
I mean if you have a lot of mailboxes you need watch all the time internet blacklist because one user which password was hack can bring down all the server.
When you need to find out which user is hacked, then block the mailbox, then inform the user, then clear ip from the blacklist and we all now that it not happens very quickly while IP gets whitelisted. So my question is Zimbra has tools to fight with the spam and prevent users to blacklist the IP. Does it prevent automatically in some way?
=> use policyd on outgoing email to block spam issue if an account is compromised and associated it with a Nagios like probe to rise an alert on Hold queue.
Use Fail2ban to prevent bruteforce attack also and apply security policy with strong password.

Regards,