email filters: when are they run? only when user logs in?

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
akcurate-pbl

email filters: when are they run? only when user logs in?

Post by akcurate-pbl »

Dear all,

I set up a mail filter with the intention that it'd be automatically run on the server whenever I received a specific type of message. I am also using Thunderbird as an IMAP client, and I had previously set up a similar filter. I thought that the filters would be run on the server regardless whether I logged in the Webmail client. To my surprise, this is not the case: I started Thunderbird before I logged in the Webmail client and the Webmail filter did not run. My question is:

Is it possible to set up mail filters on the server that run regardless whether the user logs in the Webmail client?

TIA,

Pedro.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: email filters: when are they run? only when user logs in?

Post by phoenix »

Mail filters are run when an email arrives at a user's mailbox whether they are logged in or not, anything else wouldn't make sense.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
akcurate-pbl

Post by akcurate-pbl »

phoenix wrote:Mail filters are run when an email arrives at a user's mailbox whether they are logged in or not, anything else wouldn't make sense.
My mistake! you're absolutely right. The filter was not properly defined. As you point out, the filters run on the server, regardless whether the user is logged in or not.

Thanks for your quick response,

Pedro.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

You're welcome and I'm glad you've resolved it.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra