Display Email Addresses in place of Display Name

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
sheehanje

Display Email Addresses in place of Display Name

Post by sheehanje »

With malware like emotet now scrapping user address books we are seeing a great influx in spoofed display names. I know from a user perspective there is an option in preferences to turn of "Display Names in place of email addresses", which then displays the email address along with the display name.

If I want to turn of this option with zmprov on all accounts, what is the option name?

Thanks!
ExTechOp

Re: Display Email Addresses in place of Display Name

Post by ExTechOp »

sheehanje wrote:With malware like emotet now scrapping user address books we are seeing a great influx in spoofed display names. I know from a user perspective there is an option in preferences to turn of "Display Names in place of email addresses", which then displays the email address along with the display name.

If I want to turn of this option with zmprov on all accounts, what is the option name?
This answer is of course really late, but in case it helps someone else in the future...

The option is called zimbraPrefShortEmailAddress, you can use zmprov to query and change it:

Code: Select all

$ zmprov ga account@example.com zimbraPrefShortEmailAddress
# name account@example.com
zimbraPrefShortEmailAddress: TRUE
$ zmprov ma account@example.com zimbraPrefShortEmailAddress FALSE
You could get a listing of all the accounts on your system with "zmprov -l gaa example.com" and then do the above "zmprov ma" command to set the attribute for each account to FALSE.
Actual scripting is left to the ardent student as an excercise :-D