corrupt mdb. (slapd[17069]: mdb_entry_decode: attribute index 560427631 not recognized)

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Konstantin

corrupt mdb. (slapd[17069]: mdb_entry_decode: attribute index 560427631 not recognized)

Post by Konstantin »

Hi everyone,

following a hanged server, upon reboot the zimbra services were no longer able to start.

the initial error indicated problem with the ldap

Starting ldap...Done.
Search error: Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
Enabled services read from cache. Service list may be inaccurate.

Having investigated the issue, I noticed the following errors in the zimbra.log

slapd[31281]: mdb_entry_decode: attribute index 560427631 not recognized

I also noticed that the /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/mdb/db/data.mdb is actually 81Gb in size and had reached the limit imposed by the ldap_db_maxsize variable. so over the weekend, the LDAP mdb file became no longer sparse.

I tried following the steps described in https://syslint.com/blog/tutorial/solve ... in-zimbra/
but with no success, as the slapcat segfaults with the following message.

/opt/zimbra/common/sbin/slapcat -ccc -F /opt/zimbra/data/ldap/config -b "" -l /opt/zimbra/RECOVERY/SLAPCAT/zimbra_mdb.ldiff
5c583982 mdb_entry_decode: attribute index 560427631 not recognized
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

the mdb_copy produces a file of 420 mb in size, but it still contains the "mdb_entry_decode: attribute index 560427631 not recognized" error.

I found a post ( http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/S ... gs?id=8360 ) in the openldap community that the mdb gets corrupted if it reaches the maximum defined size. but no solution of how to fix it.

any advice?
bvillers

Re: corrupt mdb. (slapd[17069]: mdb_entry_decode: attribute index 560427631 not recognized)

Post by bvillers »

I have precisely same issue. My data.mdb file is 83GB.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: corrupt mdb. (slapd[17069]: mdb_entry_decode: attribute index 560427631 not recognized)

Post by phoenix »

bvillers wrote:I have precisely same issue. My data.mdb file is 83GB.
No it's not, it's a sparse file unless you show some evidence to the contrary.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra