Ajax UI fails in Edge, works in Chrome, all users

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
Matt Drown
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.7 FOSS

Ajax UI fails in Edge, works in Chrome, all users

Post by Matt Drown »

A few patches back (couple months), I upgraded and noticed that Edge AJAX ui stopped working. I figured it would clean up with another patch, which it hasn't. Low priority, so left it. But now it's actually annoying and I've spent some time debugging.

I've moved default folder to sent, no solution. cleared out /opt/zimbra/jetty/work and restarted entire server. Same issue.

Only notes I have, which may be a red-herring, is that the console developer tools under edge so an error -

Code: Select all

DwtException - Startup1_1_all.js.zgz (5256,69)
I'm running free 8.8 with - zimbra-patch-8.8.11.1549001200.p2-1.r6.x86_64

Works under chrome, fails to load on all users under Edge. Any other suggests/tips. HTML version loads fine, and no errors reporting in the mailbox.log that I can see.

(Forgot to mention, the failure is that the login page fails to pass the "Loading...." screen, and I have to click on the "Switch to the Standard (HTML) version" to move forward.)
Matt Drown

Re: Ajax UI fails in Edge, works in Chrome, all users

Post by Matt Drown »

Created a new user with an empty mailbox, same issue. Works in chrome, not in Edge. It does appear to work in IE11.
johnroberts

Post by johnroberts »

We have exactly the same problem with 8.7.11_GA_3706.

Users cannot login to the Zimbra ajax web client using the Microsoft Edge browser... This has happened only in the last few days, prior to that Edge was working perfectly with the Zimbra ajax web client.

Once the login and password has been typed and 'Connect' is clicked it hangs similar to a historic report two thirds down this page:
https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Col ... osoft_Edge

A workaround is to click to switch to the HTML version, however not much liked by our users. Alternatively to use an alternative browser.

This only affects Microsoft Edge, all other browsers that we have tested continue to function as normal.

For info:
Microsoft Edge 44.17763.1.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.17763

Can anyone help?
johnroberts

Post by johnroberts »

Just to add I can also confirm Matt's comment about the Edge Developer console reporting:

Code: Select all

0: DwtException Startup1_1_all.js.zgz (8886,1)
johnroberts

Post by johnroberts »

An unashamed bump up on this issue...

Can anyone else confirm if they are having problems with the Zimbra web client using the latest Microsoft Edge web browser? Your input will help myself and Matt to know if the problem is general or localised with our installations!

Thanks a lot!
Jordack

Post by Jordack »

I’ve never been able to get past the “Loading” screen with edge. Read another post with the same issue, figured it was another “this is why Edge sucks” things.

Also heard MS is moving to the chromium engine, so the hope was one day it will work.

For now I’ve been using IE Enterprise mode to force edge to open Zimbra in IE.

(Running NE, just too lazy to create a support ticket)
Matt Drown

Post by Matt Drown »

Jordack wrote:I’ve never been able to get past the “Loading” screen with edge. Read another post with the same issue, figured it was another “this is why Edge sucks” things.
It worked for me for a long time, so that's the curious bit here.

It is nice to see that it's not just me with the issue though :)
dparker
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU16.64

Post by dparker »

I'm using the same free version (FOSS) 8.8.10.GA.3039.UBUNTU16.64. I have the same issue. I noticed that Windows 10 1803 can still access Ajax login just fine, but the Windows 10 1809 builds are failing.
johnroberts

Post by johnroberts »

Same for us, all worked until recently and then suddenly not. Thanks a lot for you replies, it looks like this is a general issue and not just our builds.

If anyone from Synacor is listening it might be a time to take a look? This is a major bug, Edge is an important browser and deserves attention.
Last edited by johnroberts on Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnroberts

Post by johnroberts »

Just to add we also upgraded to 8.8.11 FOSS last weekend and unsurprisingly the problem is still apparent.