SPF for incoming mails

Discuss your pilot or production implementation with other Zimbra admins or our engineers.
robertitox

SPF for incoming mails

Post by robertitox »

Dear, I've implemented SPF check for incoming mails in my Zimbra 8.6. I've used the policyd module and I've configured it through WEBUI at port 7780.

Using this WEBUI I could create a group, a policy, a member and a group member:

Group: list_domain

Group member: @mycompany.com

Policy: Check-spf

Policy member: source = !%list_domain, destination= %list:_domain

and so I could check the SPF for all incoming mails from different domains from @mycompany.com to my domain @mycompany.com.

But after that I've added a new Policy member:

source= %list_domain, destination= %list:_domain

in order to check SPF for mails coming from @mycompany.com to my own domain @mycompany.com, but I fail. In this case I get the below error:

mx.mycompany.com rejected a message that claimed an envelope sender address of robert@mycompany.

mx.mycompany.com received a message from 10.1.1.20 that claimed an envelope sender address of robert@mycompany.com.

However, the domain mycompany.com has declared using SPF that it does not send mail through 10.1.1.20. That is why the message was rejected.

Also I have to say that I've implemented a TXT record in my private and public DNS's, as this:

"v=spf1 MX -all"

How can I implement SPF in order to accept mails from internal IP's from my LAN, as I send as usual ???

Special thanks !!!